Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Supercharged SX on the way

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC10 View Post
    Does that mean it's £16k to you in Guernsey?

Makes me want to move there!
    Hopefully around that figure.

If that fits the same way my ZZR does then the GS will be going back.

Quote Originally Posted by HammyUK View Post
    If that fits the same way my ZZR does then the GS will be going back.
    I’d say the riding position is a tad roomier than the ZZR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    I’d say the riding position is a tad roomier than the ZZR.
    I have plenty of room on the ZZR just the weight over the bars hurts due to nerve damage - hence the GS.
    So it it "fits" in the same way then I certainly won't be keeping the GS - its a good bike but not a patch on the ZZR and the others in the garage.
    Even the CRF450R is refined in comparison the the GS.....

My knees are knackered so the position has to be pretty relaxed for me. Home now, will fly back to Santiago on the 9th if I don´t shorten or extend my stay. Nice flight with BA, Hayley looked after me, but the telly entertainment was a bit lacking.

According to 44 teeth on FB...

2018 Kawasaki prices

Ninja H2 SX - £15,099 for the base model and £18,099 for the SE. Available in Feb

Seems slightly less than I was expecting, can't verify it anywhere though.

RBW.
    "The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better"

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow-walker View Post
    According to 44 teeth on FB...

2018 Kawasaki prices

Ninja H2 SX - £15,099 for the base model and £18,099 for the SE. Available in Feb

Seems slightly less than I was expecting, can't verify it anywhere though.

RBW.
    I can !!!

Was going to post the same info.
    I'm just home from two weeks away,having ordered my bike over the phone last week.
    I popped into my dealer this afternoon and he had just had a call from Kawasaki UK to tell him those exact prices.

So,yup it's £15099 for the H2 SX and £18099 for the H2 SX SE.
    I was expecting nearer £20k for the SE as the word in Milan was the European price was to be about € 23k.

So my SE will be about £15.5k which is better than I was expecting,so the saving will pay for the panniers and Akra (plus Hilltop !)

So,yup it's £15099 for the H2 SX and £18099 for the H2 SX SE.

Both bikes have manual suspension, so what do you get for the £3k extra on the SE !

Quote Originally Posted by DING-DONG View Post
    Both bikes have manual suspension, so what do you get for the £3k extra on the SE !
    Glitzy paint
    KLCM (launch control)
    TFT dash
    Quickshifter
    Cornering lights....

Doesn’t seem to be worth 3k more !

Glitzy paint
    KLCM (launch control)
    TFT dash
    Quickshifter
    Cornering lights....

Doesn’t seem to be worth 3k more !
    Quickshifter yeah the rest is bollox.

Quickshifter yeah the rest is bollox.
    The standard SX looks very ordinary alongside the SE.Go actually compare in the flesh before doing an Engineer !!

I was interested to see if the GT had anything to worry about but feck me it's even heavier than my AT dct !

I like it in black tho, black is only available in standard spec and its 4kg lighter still heavy bus, if launch control is like every car I've driven where as after several launches it needs a new gearbox and clutch pack and the xdiavel I used had launch and being Italian it just didn't seem right to dump the clutch in case it went horrible wrong .

I need a dash to tell me the speed and how much fuel I have left, cornering lights are a novelty and add no value, if the upgrade se was £1k it may be worth the upgrade but £3k

I was interested to see if the GT had anything to worry about but feck me it's even heavier than my AT dct !

I like it in black tho, black is only available in standard spec and its 4kg lighter still heavy bus, if launch control is like every car I've driven where as after several launches it needs a new gearbox and clutch pack and the xdiavel I used had launch and being Italian it just didn't seem right to dump the clutch in case it went horrible wrong .

I need a dash to tell me the speed and how much fuel I have left, cornering lights are a novelty and add no value, if the upgrade se was £1k it may be worth the upgrade but £3k
    Have you ridden a bike with cornering lights?
    You'll change that statement very quickly once you do.

Ding Dong,you are talking bollox.Why compare the H2 SX with the AT ? Ridiculous.

It's all about personal taste.For me the black looks very ordinary compared to the green/black of the SE.Have you seen the bikes in the flesh to make a valid comparison ?

The SE comes with launch control.It may be a gimmick but it may be useful to get 207bhp of bike on the move ?

Having used a TFT dash on my 1290,I much prefer all the info available on the SE dash compared to the standard bike.

And the cornering lights on my 1290 are brilliant.Makes it much safer at night .Bring it on.

I was interested in the 1290GT,and had one on order in 2016 before my dealer had problems sourcing one and I switched to a 1290 Adv R.I assumed they would update the 2018 bike to the new headlight and TFT,but they haven't bothered.

I much prefer the look of the H2 anyway,and the extra 50bhp will be useful.

Totally agree that the SE seems pricey over the standard bike but it has to be green,plus the SE is only £15500 for me so better than I had expected.

Yes I have my multi and my GT has cornering lights and there exceptional however I managed fine without them, like I said if its correct £3k difference is ridiculous.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Ding Dong,you are talking bollox.Why compare the H2 SX with the AT ? Ridiculous.

The SE comes with launch control.It may be a gimmick but it may be useful to get 207bhp of bike on the move ?

Totally agree that the SE seems pricey over the standard bike but it has to be green,plus the SE is only £15500 for me so better than I had expected.
    Seeing as the bikes are fixed at the shows so that you cannot get a feel for the weight, I was comparing the weights to something you might be able to relate to and as such the H2 is quite heavy.

If Launch is activated very much like the ducati, you have to spend 5 minutes going through the menus, you will try it once and probably never use it again.

Yes, you get a great saving .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast