G 310 GS

OldCroc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Taking my bike in for some work tomorrow (Grimsby dealer) and am informed that they are prepping a 310 GS which I will be able to see - but not ride. :nono Taken long enough!

There is one in the window at BMW Park Lane which I had a look at last night - great looking bike

£5100 on the road. Very basic with no toys and almost no options either Rear shock feels very soft but there are no adjustments. You get what you see.

A custom job...

Attachments

• 856B294C-F7C2-41FD-8FE0-7281325DED32.jpg
    856B294C-F7C2-41FD-8FE0-7281325DED32.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 872
  • 7ED1ACD3-7A8E-48CF-B55E-B669FE6CCBE7.jpg
    7ED1ACD3-7A8E-48CF-B55E-B669FE6CCBE7.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 847
Almost the shortest test ride ever, given a G310GS as a loan bike whilst my gsa was in for service, within 4 miles I had a bad back and shooting pain in my sciatic nerve as it was so cramped , combined with it struggling in windy conditions to do 60 mph meant I turned around and gave it back .

Only test ride that lasted less time was a S1000XR top spec demo bike that was so stotty and uncomfortable that I returned it after 6 miles.

Almost the shortest test ride ever, given a G310GS as a loan bike whilst my gsa was in for service, within 4 miles I had a bad back and shooting pain in my sciatic nerve as it was so cramped , combined with it struggling in windy conditions to do 60 mph meant I turned around and gave it back .

Only test ride that lasted less time was a S1000XR top spec demo bike that was so stotty and uncomfortable that I returned it after 6 miles.

Strange; I thought the G310GS was quite roomy for my 6'2 :rob

well done on that short test ride. what a load of bollocks. just 2 miles each way you can tell a lot from that ! to small or not up to bmw image more like .......£5100 or £15000 your call.

well done on that short test ride. what a load of bollocks. just 2 miles each way you can tell a lot from that ! to small or not up to bmw image more like .......£5100 or £15000 your call.

Enfield Himalayan, fully kitted with luggage for about £4300..... built in the same country too!

Rally Raid do conversion kits for the 310.

New suspension, front and rear, wire wheels etc. Could be worth checking out.

Jenny Morgan (ex Dakar rider) has a YouTube vid on how to put all the RR bits on your bike.

I watched that all the way through. Not so much about the bikes rather the journey. What a excellent video,

Couldn't agree more, fantastic video. But apart from the RE being great platform to film your mate's classic GS it doesn't really tell you much about the bike, let alone the 310 GS ... :)

Regs

Simon

PS my post to my fellow TET Linesmen about the film, "Why are the French so cool - and all of them seem to ride just with walking boots! - we should get these guys on board here, definitely my style ... " :)

well if they look cool try flip flops . are the wind in your toes.. gs310 going well and taking a beating on the trail stuff buying them wheels , good on road and off. so is it the cool look or the camp look you are trying for ? royal enfield my arse time travel is ok but please move forward made the bm look modern

Back
Top Bottom