The new FGS

Perhaps it will be at the Milan show next week. If so there should be plenty photos and info. But theres nothing like seeing it. I had one awhile back and returned to the r1200.

Fancy something lighter now so looking forward to this. Its going to have to be very good, the competition is also improving.

Most information is now available on the BMW Motorrad web site.
A quick play with the on line configurator calculates the base models with heated grips and centre stands at £9485 for the 850 and £8035 for the 750 on the road. The fancy display screen adds another £595 + lots of other not really required packs are available.
The panniers look the same as the GS1200LC which would be great if they fit (I have some) but Im willing to bet a small unnecessary alteration requires a new set.

Well done BMW for keeping the price down, using the same configurator the last F800GS with the same package will cost £9725 and the F700GS will cost £8550. Hope the quality has not been cut much more, I really expected the cost to be similar to the £11760 Africa twin (With heated grips, centre stand and accessory socket). (That's before the £ to Euro drop)
Im not sure of the looks, Some sign of cost cutting in the un adjustable forks etc, but I'm looking forward to a test ride.

It’s a pity that they are so heavy, 229kgs with fuel is pretty lardy, especially taking into account the smallish fuel capacity

The lady in charge of development gave a sheepish response to the question of weight, apparently a lot more components have been added to meet the latest emissions specs?
Still lighter than a GS1200LC and so much more aford able.

The spec seems to talk of a cam chain drive on the RHS of the engine, making it sound like there is a secondary belt to the cam shafts up in the head. We reaaly need a diagram?

Coming in March...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom