The NC500 by beginners.

I was up in Applecross a couple of weeks ago, glorious weather and prior to that February with snow on the road. I was very disappointed the last time I went up, it has become a commercial honey pot. what with art gallery, cafe and air stream selling stuff. I understand and do no begrudge anyone making money but it is a bit busy these days. The place is still stunning when you block out all that stuff and look out to sea with a pint......I will have to stick to my snow covered crossings.

Good write up and welcome to the world of motorcycle traveling

Next time you're up here, try the Walled Garden restaurant, instead of eating at the Applecross Inn - it's on the Shieldaig road just half a mile or so out of Applecross - the food is fantastic and it's a really cool little place, highly recommended!

Next time you're up here, try the Walled Garden restaurant, instead of eating at the Applecross Inn - it's on the Shieldaig road just half a mile or so out of Applecross - the food is fantastic and it's a really cool little place, highly recommended!

Good coffee, too

+1:rob

Here's a film of our first day on the North Coast 500, we took on the Bealach na Bà in horrific conditions, that ended up being a bit of an adventure.

Well done you two; I really should plan a visit to the NC500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great blog (is that even the right word?). I'm doing the NC500 next June, me on the GS, one on an 1150S, one on a 1200S and one on a Harley so could be interesting! Having seen the Forrest Drive we may try and do it on the way up.
Keep the posts coming please, very useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great videos - didn’t realise side stands were strong enough for a full bike pivot to floor!

Keep them coming

Thanks for the feedback, don't worry there's more in the pipeline, just got to get on with editing footage!

All I can say is, get on and do it! If you're thinking of trying a trip somewhere this needs to be on you list (towards the top!).

There is a technique for turning your bike around on your side stand, but I wouldn't recommend it for a fully loaded adventure bike, but in this case I just wanted the bike upright, so that jenny didn't have to keep trying to hold mine up in the wind.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Anyone tried the South West 300? Apparently a new route due to the success of the 500

Anyone tried the South West 300? Apparently a new route due to the success of the 500

South West as in Cornwall or South West Scotland? Not that I’ve done either but not heard of them either!

Back
Top Bottom