The new Mersey Gateway Bridge opens on Friday

brut33

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Free to motorcycles...:)

Expensive for local business and commuters...:(

My son's company makes approximately ten return trips (HGV's) per day across the old bridge free of charge.
The old bridge closes on Friday (for maintenance:rolleyes:) as the new toll bridge opens. It will reopen
in twelve months time with toll charges. Therefore, two toll bridges side by side.

He and many other local companies will need to pass on their toll fees to their customers.

The new bridge was built to bring prosperity to the area (as the politicians would have us believe).
All its going to achieve is to impose a tax on regular users and local trade.
Some companies are already talking of relocating and many commuters either side of the river are looking for new jobs.

Severn Bridge....................toll free
Queensferry Crossing.......toll free
Dartford Crossing..............toll free

The Northern Powerhouse.:blast

https://www.merseyflow.co.uk/toll-charges

Attachments

• Estuary-high-tide.jpg
    Estuary-high-tide.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 423
I recon most people will divert through Warrington causing more chaos and misery for the worlds worst road planning department.

I recon most people will divert through Warrington causing more chaos and misery for the worlds worst road planning department.

Got a cab to the station this morning and seems they’re already practicing new their route - was mad busy...

Queensferry, Severn and Dartford are all tolled for cars and HGVs, but free for m'bikes. As are the Mersey Tunnels

Got a cab to the station this morning and seems they’re already practicing new their route - was mad busy...

To Central or Bank Quay is shocking at rush hour.

With M62 Junction improvements & M62 Smart motorway upgrade most of the roads heading to Manchester are an absolute joke. I'm fortunate enough to be on the road every day by 5:30am and I'm back home by 16:45 so I miss the bulk of the traffic, The wife however has to endure the M62 to audenshaw what should be a 45 journey is now taking nearly 1hr 45min. I cant wait to see what happens if people do divert through Warrington.

With M62 Junction improvements & M62 Smart motorway upgrade most of the roads heading to Manchester are an absolute joke. I'm fortunate enough to be on the road every day by 5:30am and I'm back home by 16:45 so I miss the bulk of the traffic, The wife however has to endure the M62 to audenshaw what should be a 45 journey is now taking nearly 1hr 45min. I cant wait to see what happens if people do divert through Warrington.

Bridgefoot in Warrington can be a nightmare on a good day. It will more than likely come to a complete standstill next week.

I do the same journey a couple of days a week - the ‘smart’ roadworks are the killer and I join the M60, so have them all the way. A 30 mile journey takes up to 2 hours. Can’t seeing it being much better when the new system is in place either.

Bridgefoot in Warrington can be a nightmare on a good day. It will more than likely come to a complete standstill next week.

Cant wait...:rolleyes:

I do the same journey a couple of days a week - the ‘smart’ roadworks are the killer and I join the M60, so have them all the way. A 30 mile journey takes up to 2 hours. Can’t seeing it being much better when the new system is in place either.

Biggest issue from the Warrington side to Manchester is the croft interchange where it drops to two lanes?? if anything was needed its a redesign of that particular stretch of the M62.

Apparently no toll booths on this new bridge, how will one pay?

Reg plate recognition then you have to go on the web site and pay the toll within in a certain time frame or you'll receive a fine through the post..

Reckon folk will end up paying the tolls after trying to go through Bridge Foot for a few days or going over the Thelwall Viaduct.

Bridge Foot is a joke at the best of times.

I have heard that comment from other Warrington residents. The H'ways Dept are not helped by the fact that a lot of the routes are limited to the small number of bridges over the M'cr Ship Canal that all seem to be "maintained" by the Ship Canal Co. I am always amazed at the amount of rust and general decay visible on their bridges. When they eventually get around to doing any sort of maintenance, it will be a major exercise and W'ton will be gridlocked

I have heard that comment from other Warrington residents. The H'ways Dept are not helped by the fact that a lot of the routes are limited to the small number of bridges over the M'cr Ship Canal that all seem to be "maintained" by the Ship Canal Co. I am always amazed at the amount of rust and general decay visible on their bridges. When they eventually get around to doing any sort of maintenance, it will be a major exercise and W'ton will be gridlocked

The swing bridge at Stockton Heath failed to return fully home on Tuesday in rush hour.. that end of town was totally grid locked for hours.

Isn't there a new link planned from the A56 (somewhere near Walton area) avoiding Bridge Foot?

And no mention of a Toll either YET...

I'm equi distant from Liverpool and Manchester airports,usually use Liverpool because its easier.im sorry to say its going to be easier for me now to stay on the m56 for a bit longer.liverpools loss,manchesters gain. do you think the powers that be have thought of these things.

I thought they were making the bridge toll free for residents inside a certain radius? That won’t help businesses but it might encourage residents to use the bridge crossings rather than choke Warrington until it’s at a standstill.

It’ll still be rubbish on Watkinson Way during the rush hour morning and afternoon and half of me hopes I don’t get my annual summons to the power station next summer because I’m fed up with the traffic between work and Stoke no matter which way I go.

I thought they were making the bridge toll free for residents inside a certain radius? That won’t help businesses but it might encourage residents to use the bridge crossings rather than choke Warrington until it’s at a standstill.

It’ll still be rubbish on Watkinson Way during the rush hour morning and afternoon and half of me hopes I don’t get my annual summons to the power station next summer because I’m fed up with the traffic between work and Stoke no matter which way I go.

Residents of Halton can apply for free crossing, Why only Halton? no idea.

I Thought the Power Station was due to close next year is that still the case?

Back
Top Bottom