Cat removed-stink of fuel?

Surely if you 'give it the berries' it will be running open loop thereby negating wether the O2 is knackered.
If the O2 is knackered won't it put the fi light on?

Another thought, when it is running closed loop, an air leak on the exhaust (engine side) would allow air to be drawn in, the O2 would see this as lean lean and try to richen the mixture which would now be over rich

I know jack about these bikes so stand to be corrected

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Surely if you 'give it the berries' it will be running open loop thereby negating wether the O2 is knackered.
If the O2 is knackered won't it put the fi light on?

Another thought, when it is running closed loop, an air leak on the exhaust (engine side) would allow air to be drawn in, the O2 would see this as lean lean and try to richen the mixture which would now be over rich

I know jack about these bikes so stand to be corrected

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Well Phil if you don’t know jack, then I know a lot less than jack! Only had the Bike two weeks. First GS. All makes sense (now you’ve said it!) I will keep an extra eye out for leaking joints. Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TPS is the throttle position sensor and is a thin black plastic square on the side of the throttle body. Unclip the connector and measure the voltage.

The TPS is the throttle position sensor and is a thin black plastic square on the side of the throttle body. Unclip the connector and measure the voltage.

Thanks mate. Will do.

Thanks mate. Will do.

I think it's worth remembering now much cars used to smell pre cat.i followed something the other day and it did smell massively.

I ended up putting my cat back on as I found it gave better mid.
Mine smells until it's warm and it had got the Techlusion set up by TTS.
I think it's just getting used to it.

Back
Top Bottom