6 year itch...

T12

Reaction score
So it's been 6 years since I sold my R1200GS. A change in jobs is pushing me back towards getting 2 wheels for the commute and so I'm starting to consider getting a GSA this time around. Due to finances it's going to be a few years old - I'm considering a 2010 Anniversary edition that is local to me but it's bare - no panniers, sat nav etc.

Is it worth sticking with a twin cam or would those that know go for a later water cooled version?

I've missed having the bike so it's nice to think I may be about to get back in to the world.

Any points appreciated - I'm a little out of date!

Cheers,

T.

Personal thoughts yes and no go to cw and test ride the newer lc it is by far a better bike
The tc as I know is a solid rock built like a brick shit house but slower steering slower speed and old tech (not a bad thing )
The lc with all the toys on will set you back almost the same money as a tc but the new toys will have you enjoying it more

Thanks. I’ll investigate TC and LC.

Personal thoughts yes and no go to cw and test ride the newer lc it is by far a better bike
The tc as I know is a solid rock built like a brick shit house but slower steering slower speed and old tech (not a bad thing )
The lc with all the toys on will set you back almost the same money as a tc but the new toys will have you enjoying it more

All in the eye of the beholder.....having had both I have gone back to the tc....not as fast I grant you but more relaxing to ride....early LCs had a few issues....mine had suspension replaced plus other stuff.....but anything that is going to go wrong should have been sorted by now.

cheers

Thanks oldnfat. If I'm honest money is probably going to push me down the TC route. When exactly did they switch to liquid cooled engines?

Tom.

I have had an 08-13-and an I now have an lc the engine on the lc is really smooth and powerful for 125 bhp the tc is a nice bike and has character the lc is more sanitised but it handles much better

Having had a tc and an lc , buy a decent tc rather than an early lc, my tc outhandled my last lc, had a far superior gearbox and didn't rattle like a bag of spanners in a tumble drier

TC it is - looks like I've just missed a few in the for sale section, typical. A wanted poster will follow shortly. Are there any major differences between a 2010 bike through to a 2013 before they changed to LC?

Thanks for the comments.

They basically got it right first time with the GS /GSA TC models and other than colour combinations no real changes, usually more goodies as standard on the 2012 GS and 2013 GSA as they were the run out models .(couple of mates bought 2013 GSA's and got free panniers/top box and tank bag)

Back
Top Bottom