Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 65 to 74 of 74

Thread: Nordkapp via Adversity....

  1. #65
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    323
    What a great report. It just goes to show that even when things awry you can still have a great experience and unexpected things can be the most memorable, eg seeing the Northern Lights. Despite your problems you did meet your main objective and were lucky to be at Nordkapp on a good day.

    Hats off to both of you

  2. #66
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggers1 View Post
    What a great report. It just goes to show that even when things awry you can still have a great experience and unexpected things can be the most memorable, eg seeing the Northern Lights. Despite your problems you did meet your main objective and were lucky to be at Nordkapp on a good day.

    Hats off to both of you
    Many thanks for the comments....

  3. #67
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Basildon
    Posts
    13
    Sorry to hear my old bike had FD issues, I guess it can happen to the best of bikes !!

    It looks a lot less shiny than when I gave it over to you.... it now looks like a proper GS !

    Fantastic ride report, you've got me thinking now !

    Dan

  4. #68
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarvoss View Post
    Sorry to hear my old bike had FD issues, I guess it can happen to the best of bikes !!

    It looks a lot less shiny than when I gave it over to you.... it now looks like a proper GS !

    Fantastic ride report, you've got me thinking now !

    Dan
    Hi Dan, hope you are well. These things happen....apart from the FD the bike has been brilliant - done nearly 20K miles since I purchased it off you. It was certainly dirty by the time we got back - all clean again now.

  5. #69
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    424
    A useful site for anyone planning a trip to Norway is Vegvesen.no - it has up to date information regarding road maintenance including diversions and closures, weather conditions, ferry crossings with timetables and webcams showing current conditions. Only available in Norwegian but Google Translate is your friend....

    https://www.vegvesen.no/Trafikkbeta/...listView=false

  6. #70
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by barak666 View Post
    A useful site for anyone planning a trip to Norway is Vegvesen.no - it has up to date information regarding road maintenance including diversions and closures, weather conditions, ferry crossings with timetables and webcams showing current conditions. Only available in Norwegian but Google Translate is your friend....

    https://www.vegvesen.no/Trafikkbeta/...listView=false
    Some site that is!

  7. #71
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    notts
    Posts
    1,611
    really enjoyed reading your report Barak..thanks for taking the time it will be 2019 for me as well

  8. #72
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by skid06 View Post
    really enjoyed reading your report Barak..thanks for taking the time it will be 2019 for me as well
    Thanks for the comments - hope you have a great trip in 2019....you won't regret going.

  9. #73
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kilkenny , Ireland
    Posts
    52
    Enjoyed reading about your trip immensely


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #74
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    424

    Click here to find out how to remove these ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurefankk View Post
    Enjoyed reading about your trip immensely


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad you enjoyed it - thanks for the comments....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"