BMW Thefts

With all the thefts these days, I'm making serious enquiries next week to have tracker fitted to my bike.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

With all the thefts these days, I'm making serious enquiries next week to have tracker fitted to my bike.

If found with the help of a tracker, your bike will be a pile of ruined shite, so unless I get my cost back in insurance premiums, I wouldn’t buy it for a tracker.

If found with the help of a tracker, your bike will be a pile of ruined shite, so unless I get my cost back in insurance premiums, I wouldn’t buy it for a tracker.
Yeah I was going to ask the insurance what if any difference it would make, Considering the cost of the tracker. Biketrac from what i understand is about 300 installed then 99 per year

Or it will be found within an hour with every single extra you had fitted over god knows how many years - fit a BikeTrac - i know where my bike is every minute of every day - if it moves with out the key in the ignition in the turned on position they will call you and ask if theres a problem - fkin brilliant :beerjug:

Thats not been the experience of a guy I know here in Dublin. Track bikes on trailer stolen and recovered with minimal damage by the cops.

Insure your bike fully comp, and take out a gap policy. No amount of security devices will stop these cûnts, so just make sure you’re properly insured.

+1 for biketrac, I agree it does not make a great difference on my insurance, but for personal piece of mind I find it worth the cost, if the bike moves I get a text and phone call, when tested its normally within 1 min of movement. :clap

Makes next to no difference in premium now, but bikes have been found with in 5 mins in tact.

Keyless = Waste of Time/Unnecessary

You're confusing keyless with the Comfort Access facility available on cars. Keyless on bikes signals only 1 metre from the bike, like keyless in cars. Comfort Access works over larger distances.

Keyless = no mistake in leaving keys in the ignition, and hassle free. Love it.

You're confusing keyless with the Comfort Access facility available on cars. Keyless on bikes signals only 1 metre from the bike, like keyless in cars. Comfort Access works over larger distances.

Keyless = no mistake in leaving keys in the ignition, and hassle free. Love it.

No I am not
All my vehicles have keys
I won't go for any vehicle which has no key ignition
A solution to a problem that never existed foisted on us as 'convenient ' by the manufacturer
Madness it is
Get a grip, you don't need it and you know it

No I am not
All my vehicles have keys
I won't go for any vehicle which has no key ignition
A solution to a problem that never existed foisted on us as 'convenient ' by the manufacturer
Madness it is
Get a grip, you don't need it and you know it

I don't want to appear augmentative, or get into the game of last post but, respectfully, the posted link is about the issue of comfort access that can be purchased as an option on cars. These have an extended range of operation and allow you to open a car without having to press the fob: it's not the same as keyless ignition/keyed entry, which as mentioned does not have the range required for third party interception. For both bikes and cars, to start the engine the fob has to be within 1m of the vehicle.

Otherwise, I presume you would never go near a car that have keyless ignition, which is really going to limit your choice.

Pull your plug leads off then gently sit them back on.

'He said a simple countermeasure was to keep keyfobs in so-called Faraday wallets, which jam signals.' That's the next bike accessory.

Or just dont option a car with remote access or keep your keys hanging in a pocket by the front door!

Back
Top Bottom