Ace to North Face

Truly inspiring as well as providing some hilarious one liners "Throttle wrists aching like single adolescents" oh yeah :D

I think it very safe to say that you and your mates are getting your money's worth out of your bikes.

Thanks for the entertainment.:thumb2

Loved this .......again. Thank you! Starting to wonder if I could afford a used xt660/Africa twin etc or similar for next time.......if there's going to be one!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Loved this .......again. Thank you! Starting to wonder if I could afford a used xt660/Africa twin etc or similar for next time.......if there's going to be one!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thank you all:) I enjoy writing these diatribes but you never know if people will enjoy them. The riding out that way is without doubt some of the very best in the world IMO. I've certainly not been anywhere else like it anyway.

As for a xt660 or Africa twin, either would be perfect! TBH you could do this on almost anything really. And as for another trip.... I've ridden London to Bangkok 3 times in the last 4 years now so I'm going to give it a break in 2018 and hopefully ride the Road of Bones ... if anyone is interested .. and then go back to Everest in 2019.

Seeing Everest once just isn't enough:)

I normally only dip into the Ride Report section when I'm in work on my night shifts.

However,thanks to your laugh a minute writing style and breathtaking photos,I've even been reading this at home in my own free time. :D

Thoroughly enjoyable and impressive stuff...thank you so much for the time involved in posting it up.

Absolutely brilliant - really sad it's got to the end....many thanks for the words and stunning pictures! :beerjug:

These Ride Reports are the highlight of the year on this forum.. Utterly brilliant.. Thanks once again for sharing them with us... :thumb2:beer:

Two questions. How long were you away for and how many miles was the trip?

Thanks again..

R

And as for another trip.... I've ridden London to Bangkok 3 times in the last 4 years now so I'm going to give it a break in 2018 and hopefully ride the Road of Bones ... if anyone is interested .. and then go back to Everest in 2019.

Seeing Everest once just isn't enough:)

Yup, definitely interested (in both!!)

Wow, Brilliant read, needs to be sticky'd in Ride reports

Have you got any reports from your other trips??

:)

Wonderful - how, and with what, do you take those moving shots?

Damn, it's over. The long evenings are going to seem really long now :rob

However,thanks to your laugh a minute writing style and breathtaking photos,I've even been reading this at home in my own free time. :D
:agree

Great writing & fabulous photos :clap:clap
Can't wait for Road of Bones report :bounce1

Style and substance, hung on to every word, ever thought of writing a book?

These Ride Reports are the highlight of the year on this forum.. Utterly brilliant.. Thanks once again for sharing them with us... :thumb2:beer:

Two questions. How long were you away for and how many miles was the trip?

Thanks again..

R

Alright Rich - we left on 8th Aug and I got back to the UK on 12th Oct - 67 days I think. Miles - I think it was about 11000:)

So......when ya going again?

Truly great reading.

Well the bike arrives back in the UK this weekend... so ... Monday... I wish

I'm going to try and do the Road of Bones next year as a 'come along if you want' sort of thing as I've not been out that way before...

And I want to do another London->Tibet/Everest->Bangkok or maybe Hong Kong in 2019 - keep an eye on the open invite forum:)

I just have to attend to The Bitch's wounds first

The moving shots - I use my D3300 and my left hand. I just ride without the clutch. And no I don't have a quick shifter so it can get 'interesting' at times!

Back
Top Bottom