DRLs on hand guards

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Finally got around to completing this little project.

Bought some cheap white LEDs from flebay some time ago and forgot they were in the garage. Soldered some extra length wire to the ends and ran them along the cable from the brake and clutch. From there I attached them to the existing AUX lights that I have wired up the the EZcan (contentious subject I know :augie but each to there own). So, when the AUX lights do there job via the EZcan, so do the DRLs.

I’ll attach a couple of pics with the phone as they seem to be upside down. :nenau

:beerjug:

783ec157690bed7b4539f2c036f22db4.jpg
fa0dc8bb17d984c2e3ec4017174d38db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks ridiculous.

Good work they will see you coming.You could also have installed yellow too and made them similar to the Africa Twin on which the indicators are low light DRLS until used.

That looks ridiculous.
What is needed to complete the ensemble is a faux carbon fibre sticker round the clocks:green gri
Each to their own I suppose, but I do think that bike is heading towards Electric Cowboy territory.
Alan R

Good work they will see you coming.You could also have installed yellow too and made them similar to the Africa Twin on which the indicators are low light DRLS until used.

I pondered on that one but went for the simple option..:beerjug: and yes, for me it’s all about others being aware of my presence.

What is needed to complete the ensemble is a faux carbon fibre sticker round the clocks:green gri
Each to their own I suppose, but I do think that bike is heading towards Electric Cowboy territory.
Alan R

As long as people can see me coming...:thumb2 :beerjug:

I had lights built in to the hand guards of my Versys and going on the amount of times I didn't get pulled out on at junctions I firmly believe they worked.
I built some for me Explorer as well, drilled the guards every 10mm and pushed individual leds through from the back, again a great lack of people pulling out.
I reckon it's all about the triangle of light.

I had lights built in to the hand guards of my Versys and going on the amount of times I didn't get pulled out on at junctions I firmly believe they worked.
I built some for me Explorer as well, drilled the guards every 10mm and pushed individual leds through from the back, again a great lack of people pulling out.
I reckon it's all about the triangle of light.

:thumb2

that is why gypsies don't need contraception, they have chrystal balls to see what's coming. :D
i'm in a strange mood this morning.

the old ones are the best ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine has them on his Explorer as well as DRLs and low level LEDs. You can certainly seem him coming. Reminds me of Richard Dreyfus in his truck waving on the UFO behind him.

Back
Top Bottom