Info re buying.

Russ Kemp

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum so don't shoot me for asking. I am a Triumph America owner looking to buy a 1200GS. Am looking at a 2007 GS on ebay, what should I be looking out for re problems etc? PS, Triumph is for sale if you like a bike that goes in a strait line but hates corners :blast

That's a huge question. It depends on your budget, what spec GS/GSA, options/luggage etc etc. I would spend some time looking at the For Sale section on here. You will soon learn what what's available for your money. There are some really nice bikes to be had from decent people who just can't be arsed with eBay. You can stick an ad in the For Sale section for your Triumph too - folk on here will want good pics though.

Just buy one off here and keep battering the poor owner about how overpriced it is until he sells it for way below its true value

My advice would be to avoid a 2007 and go for an 08 if you can afford it. The troublesome servo brakes were ditched. More power and torque, revised gearbox and if you want it, traction control and Electronic preload suspension. A few other issues were sorted as well including the fuel pump controller and EWS sensor but most will have been sorted by now. Downside of the 08 is the fuel float was switched to a sensor strip that goes....a minor issue.

Then it is the usual stuff of checking the rear final drive by grabbing the rear wheel and giving it a good shake to see if there is any play.£450 for your FD to be reconditioned.

They got the ABS2 (non servo) from September 2006

I'm referring to the Adventure, I'm not sure whether the GS got the update on the same schedule.

Sent from a U11

Thanks for all the info everyone. This is the bike.
eBay item number:

Your thoughts re good/bad/walk away :)

Hi Russ,
That looks really nice, Its a good chance that someone on here will know the bike.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 505

Back
Top Bottom