Ride Magazine GS nicked....

It's always been the case...Sunday late afternoon and early evening were always a favourite time to cruise around clocking the Sunday riders washing their bikes after their 60 mile round trip to a cafe...and lo and behold in the days afterwards, they'd get their garage or shed screwed and the bike "liberated"

Today they do not need to follow anybody, cheap little tracker off Ebay, magnetic, and they know exactly where you are.

Its a Hotel Car Park. Thieves will be looking to steal anything valuable left in vehicles.

A brand new GSA on steering lock is a gift.

Not sure why you keep assuming it was unlocked and are almost blaming the rider and not the thieves?

Fact is we don’t know if it was locked or not and your comments are quite thick until we know.

Everyone here has seen videos of locked bikes stolen in less than a minute with the help of an angle grinder. Not very hard to do. Even if it’s locked with an Almax chain they will still get it if they want it.

I am not even sure why we should have to actually Lock everything down it seems stupid policy that the owners are responsible to spends hundreds of pounds to secure items. and peoples attitude that it is then the owners fault if we did not.
2 Facts really:-
Locking it down is pretty well unless if thieves want something that bad.
It is about Time that the thieves were actually caught and punished in a way that they are not on the streets ever again to steal people belongings.
I would be more than happy to pay a few hundred pounds a yr to have them locked up for good.

I am not even sure why we should have to actually Lock everything down it seems stupid policy that the owners are responsible to spends hundreds of pounds to secure items. and peoples attitude that it is then the owners fault if we did not.
It is about Time that the thieves were actually caught and punished in a way that they are not on the streets ever again to steal people belongings.
I would be more than happy to pay a few hundred pounds a yr to have them locked up for good.
Indeed!

In fact there CERTAIN points of sharia (Sp?) law I agree with IE. cut their fucking hands off!

I completely agree with you. We have become brainwashed by the insurance companies terms and conditions of cover, in that we are made responsible ever more, for some other twat wanting our possessions!
It is a failure of society dealing adequately with the perpetrators, that has seen us slide down this slippery slope, to the point that it is now our fault for having our possessions stolen, you really could not make it up, but it has happened.
Combine all this with the lefty wankers that advise the Police forces and govt. and then you have the owners of the possessions being prosecuted for attempting to protect and actually try and hang on to them.

The only winners in this are the Govt. In that they can continue to cut budgets and thus have more of your money for them and the insurance companies and their shareholders, who charge more for policies, because the risk is higher.....Finally the thieves, they know the Police do fuck all because the Police are skint and the insurance company will pay anyway, not that anyone gives a fuck.

There is only ever one victim, the owners of the possessions, they are fucked up hill and down dale at every opportunity by, every fucker......And do you know what??? It is getting fucking boring.

I completely agree with you. We have become brainwashed by the insurance companies terms and conditions of cover, in that we are made responsible ever more, for some other twat wanting our possessions!
It is a failure of society dealing adequately with the perpetrators, that has seen us slide down this slippery slope, to the point that it is now our fault for having our possessions stolen, you really could not make it up, but it has happened.
Combine all this with the lefty wankers that advise the Police forces and govt. and then you have the owners of the possessions being prosecuted for attempting to protect and actually try and hang on to them.

The only winners in this are the Govt. In that they can continue to cut budgets and thus have more of your money for them and the insurance companies and their shareholders, who charge more for policies, because the risk is higher.....Finally the thieves, they know the Police do fuck all because the Police are skint and the insurance company will pay anyway, not that anyone gives a fuck.

There is only ever one victim, the owners of the possessions, they are fucked up hill and down dale at every opportunity by, every fucker......And do you know what??? It is getting fucking boring.
Att, you hit the nail square on the head!

Being responsible for our own possessions...... My god, whatever next.

Short of a section of SAS, what can you do?

Locks/chains? Portable angle grinder.
Tracking? Shielded truck/room.

Short of a section of SAS, what can you do

To me it's logical.

Identify the risk and take appropriate action.

It doesn't mean I'm suddenly immune from this shite, but at least I've tried.

To do nothing is like walking around with your eyes closed to the environment your in. Sooner or later your going to fall.

The old days are gone, grow up and adapt to the new age of living in the UK.

It won't get better.

To me it's logical.

To do nothing is like walking around with your eyes closed to the environment your in. Sooner or later your going to fall.

It won't get better.

I would hate to live the way in which you do.

I would hate to live the way in which you do.

Haha funny that as people who actually know me think the complete opposite.

Haha

To me it's logical.

It won't get better.

absolutely.
Spot on ! :thumb2

Sad part is even if you adapt, and identify the risk and take the approiate action, you still cannot stop them taking what is yours.

The Owners are always the losers, you pay more to try and protect it better, you pay more to insure it from thieves, and when it is stolen you still have to pay excess to get a reduced payment of what it is worth to you. and then the worry, and depression, it could all happen again.

Back
Top Bottom