Aftermarket can.......

Banditsteve

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am contemplating fitting a noisy can to my 2008 GS but noticed on the original can, there is a rubber mounting which the aftermarket ones don't have and was just wondering if they cause any vibration when a different can is fitted? The boxer engine vibrates enough, without adding more to it! Haha. Thanks for your comments.
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,
I am contemplating fitting a noisy can to my 2008 GS but noticed on the original can, there is a rubber mounting which the aftermarket ones don't have and was just wondering if they cause any vibration when a different can is fitted? The boxer engine vibrates enough, without adding more to it! Haha. Thanks for your comments.
Steve

Remus cans have the same type of rubber bush mount.

Zoom into that and think you will see the mount you are taking about.
91e7f6c69bf57ade8abf914d0f7022f0.jpg

Sent from a U11

Your better off ditting a y-piece and getting rid of the Cat
It'll make it noisier and free up the engine a bit

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

I bought a bos can for mine years ago, 4 months later I took it off, too much of a drone when Touring. Decat headers on the end with stock silencer,
Its not that I'm averse to noise, both my TLS'S have loud cans, just wasn't right on the gsa,

I have a BOS system, acquired from a fellow tosser on here, it has a rubber washer on the mounting point, I run it with the baffle in 99% of the time as IMO it is a bit too much with baffle out, it's a well made system.

Al.

Above 70mph the front tyre noise is toxic though that exhaust creeps in. Below 4 the exhaust is bad if I wind it on. So I wear Moldex Sparkplugs not the last word in noise stopping but well up the scale.

Thanks for all your comments. Food for thought, but still wondering if there is any extra vibration from aftermarket cans with no rubber bush mounting as per the original. I am looking at a few with removable baffles so I can fit or remove as the mood takes me :)
Thanks again.
Steve

There is a complete BOS system in the for sale section with a carbon end can, at a good price.

Al.

The gearbox exhaust bracket is an OEM part. The aftermarket system might come with a rubber bush to fit. Not all manufacturers use them.

I've recently fitted the Akrapovic decat titanium headers and titanium end can.

The silencer does not use the rubber grommet type fitting that the stock end can or Remus does but if anything my GSA is smoother than ever and I have lost the vibe I had between 4 &5k :eek::thumb2

Akrapovic has a removable baffle as well.

engine deffo seems smoother and it makes a nice noise as well :beerjug:

Jon

I have an Akra stacked silencer “shotgun” system. It’s loud when wound up, but a baffle in one outlet cuts the noise considerably without too much effect on performance. Or in my case (with a Power Commander) not too much effect on fuel/air mixture.

Back
Top Bottom