Hex ezcan and the horn!

Andy B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know if you can wire in a new horn using the Hex Ezcan and leave the OEM one in place and working in parallel?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t see why you can’t - they are both working off a CAN command to actuate....

Just fit a sound bomb then remove old horn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In short, yes you could as long as you tap into the canbus plug for the OEM horn.

I've already got a spare horn off an RT and it's bl@@dy loud! Thinking that if I had both OEM and the RT one plugged into the ezCan I wouldn't need anything else.

I will try it and see!

Hex ezcan and horn

Hi Andy, Yes you can leave the original horn in situ. I have the Denali split sound bomb and have connected it using the Denali version of the Ezcan, works perfectly.
Allan

Hi Andy, Yes you can leave the original horn in situ. I have the Denali split sound bomb and have connected it using the Denali version of the Ezcan, works perfectly.
Allan

how did you find the denali version ?,good quality and easy to program,did it fit well with the bm conectors?

Found it excellent, easy to fit and simple to programme. And I am not competent with bike electrics. The hardest part was finding where to locate the two parts of the horn.

Found it excellent, easy to fit and simple to programme. And I am not competent with bike electrics. The hardest part was finding where to locate the two parts of the horn.

Where did you fit the 2 parts of horn.?

Where did you fit the 2 parts of horn.?

I fitted the compressor on the LH side in the area to the front of the fork , using the bolt you can access from just behind the rear of the LH indicator. Also used a cable tie for added security. You need to make a bracket which is visible in the photo. The other part of the kit I fitted under the bracket that holds the instrument panel. Look for the VIN plate and there are two torqx bolts, one above the other. Use a right angle bracket and secure it with the lower bolt. Hope I have made it clear!

Attachments

• P1000917.jpg
    P1000917.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 297
  • P1000919.jpg
    P1000919.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 289
Thanks Goldtop, never thought I needed a louder horn until some idiot tried to cross into the lane I was in, she didn’t see me.. bright yellow Hi vis & dip beam with aux lights, I ask, how could she not see me

Back
Top Bottom