Sold Nav 5 - do I have to de-register?

Reckless

Reaction score
Hi - just sold my Nav 5 as I have a new Triple Black & Nav 6 on order. Do I have to do anything other than delete the Nav5 from Garmin Express to make sure the new owner can register the unit and get the map updates?

You need to log in to "Mygarmin" and deregister the unit there.

Presumably you do have a Mygarmin account? If not - then I don't think there is anything to do, as you will not have registered it.

al

Interesting question as I bought my Nav V second hand and it all just works, updates, speed cameras, et al. I do keep wondering whether it's gonna stop doing that someday though!

Interesting question as I bought my Nav V second hand and it all just works, updates, speed cameras, et al. I do keep wondering whether it's gonna stop doing that someday though!

Your one has not been registered previously, so create a Mygarmin account and Robert's your father's brother :thumb

Hi - just sold my Nav 5 as I have a new Triple Black & Nav 6 on order. Do I have to do anything other than delete the Nav5 from Garmin Express....

That you have bought a twipple bwack and a Nav VI makes no difference to Garmin, when it comes to de-registering the Nav V you'll be selling.

Many bods will tell you that you are a mug to have sold a Nav V.

My experience with a Zumo was the same as Sea Dog. I think the registration on LM units is the unit itself. I just connected the secondhand Zumo to my laptop and Garmin Express automatically started, connected me to the mother ship and offered downloads. I have not logged onto My Garmin since I had a Garmin 2610 - everything has been done via Garmin Express.

I didn’t deregister mine when I sold it 6 months ago, and they buyer hasn’t contacted me, so it doesn’t look like you need to do anything.

You need to log in to "Mygarmin" and deregister the unit there.

Presumably you do have a Mygarmin account? If not - then I don't think there is anything to do, as you will not have registered it.

al

In my Garmin, I see the Nav, but I can see deregister, only a remove option. I don’t know for certain, but hopefully some one else knows, but if I select remove, I guess that deregisters the Nav, ready for the new owner to register it?

I dont think they are registered to an account any more like they used to be, 2 Nav Vs and 2 LMs on my garmin express sp just remove the device from your installation the new owner wont have an issue either way.

I didn’t deregister mine when I sold it 6 months ago, and they buyer hasn’t contacted me, so it doesn’t look like you need to do anything.

You should de-register it.
Doesn't need to be in your name now.
If new buyer sells it. Next owner can't register unit in their name.

Back
Top Bottom