Dartmoor for breakfast 28th October?

There is a small car park with bike spaces near the town centre/ market as you come in from either Plymouth or Princeton way or a large car park at the wharf, which might be be better if we want to meet en masse or just meet at the cafe.

Al.

There is a small car park with bike spaces near the town centre/ market as you come in from either Plymouth or Princeton way or a large car park at the wharf, which might be be better if we want to meet en masse or just meet at the cafe.

Al.

Well, it's not like it's gonna challenge Daytona Bike Week, is it, so the few spaces in the town hall car park might be enough. I once asked Kirsty McColl about walking from the Wharf though and she said.... "In these shoes? I don't think so!"

Ok, go for the small car park, but with 388 views on the thread who knows how many will turn up:rolleyes:

Al.

Ok, go for the small car park, but with 388 views on the thread who knows how many will turn up:rolleyes:

Al.

Your call Al, but if you're wondering about us being too many for the car park, the cafe in the market is also quite small and busy. If you do have the Wharf in mind to make gathering and parking easy, there is also a cafe at the Wharf. Can't say I've used it, but their website says they do 'warming hot meals' and open at 10am. The car park definitely has the capacity... even if 388 turn up! :D

Anyway, my new boots are really quite comfy so bolleaux to Kirsty McColl, I'll do as I'm told!

Your call Al, but if you're wondering about us being too many for the car park, the cafe in the market is also quite small and busy. If you do have the Wharf in mind to make gathering and parking easy, there is also a cafe at the Wharf. Can't say I've used it, but their website says they do 'warming hot meals' and open at 10am. The car park definitely has the capacity... even if 388 turn up! :D

Anyway, my new boots are really quite comfy so bolleaux to Kirsty McColl, I'll do as I'm told!
:jes:jes:jes

Bobs east end cafe inside Tavistock pannier market, looks like the place to get a good hearty breakfast, so around 10:45/11:00 on Saturday, look forward to meeting a few more tossers :thumby:

Al.

I'm in St Ives tonight so will see you there.

Bobs east end cafe inside Tavistock pannier market, looks like the place to get a good hearty breakfast, so around 10:45/11:00 on Saturday, look forward to meeting a few more tossers :thumby:

Al.

Late to the party as only got back from hols late last night but am going to try and make it as haven't met any locals yet :thumb2

Sorry couldn’t make it. Job took longer than expected. Maybe at the next gathering.

Good to meet you guys (and lady, Sue, obviously!) today. Amazed we all fetched up in the same place! Thanks Al for organising and for the new experience - I'm not sure I've been asked to leave a cafe before! :D

No problem Steve, it would have confusing as we had two other Steves present, at least you didn't have to suffer the embarrassment of being asked to leave the cafe!!!!
Nice to meet the rest of you gentlemen this morning, hope you all had a safe ride home, How was the two moors route Steve?
Different cafe next time?

Al.

Al.

Perhaps your earlier alternative choice of Princetown would find us in somewhere more appreciative of the custom? Although, to be fair to today's venue, maybe we should set a timer to remind us when a second order is due! There are better ways to get that message across than sending a spotty oik over with a tenancy agreement though, eh? :D

Steve

No problem Steve, it would have confusing as we had two other Steves present, at least you didn't have to suffer the embarrassment of being asked to leave the cafe!!!!
Nice to meet the rest of you gentlemen this morning, hope you all had a safe ride home, How was the two moors route Steve?

Al.

Hi and it was nice to meet you all to. The Moors ride was great thanks and I didn't hit any sheep!

Why were you asked to leave the cafe?

Seemed a nice friendly place and we all ate and drank there.

We carried on chatting after you left Steve, and the time passed, I had another coffee, can't remember if anyone else did, but the guy obviously thought we were talking too much and not spending enough, still plenty of space for other customers, and we had spent £40.
He sent the young lad over with a note asking us to sign a timeshare agreement, quite funny really, so next time we will give our money to another establishment.
Glad you enjoyed your ride and avoided the local wildlife.

Al.

Cheers for taking the time to get things rolling Al. :thumb2
Being new to the area 'twas nice to have an excuse for a ride out and breakfast. Good to put a few faces to names and have a gas with some of you guys down here, so will look forward to exploring the area a bit more if you sort anything else in the future.
Cheers - Dave

Back
Top Bottom