Aux socket power comes and goes.

KP100

Reaction score
I have been using a heated vest for a few weeks now. Mostly as a novelty , but now its getting cold.

I tried to use it for the last 2 late nights but the power would not come on. It would then come on 10 miles down the road.

Its not the vest, or the connection. Its the bike.

Why would the bike cut the power?

Starting the bike has also been a little sluggish latley

How much in the way of voltage does the vest pull in power, Canbus will shut down with more than 5 amps being pulled I think, try connecting it direct to the battery, it should then work fine.
Or maybe as you say starting is a bit sluggish you need a new battery, motobatt should help,

I found the socket under the seat to be difficult to get to when sat on the bike so fit another socket in the pre-prepared slot next to the winglets and wired it to the battery - by-passes the canbus and also very useful for my 12v tyre pump which the canbus couldn't handle :thumb2

Feck me dude I am selling 2 Plugs and 2 sockets for just under a tenner posted to your door
Maybe I'd better start wiring them and make a few quid :aidan

P.S> thats the cheapo plastic body ones too :rob

https://www.windingroads.co.uk/din-cigarette-plug-socket/12v-din-accessory-socket

Ordered one of these late into Thursday evening.........it went out in Fridays post. Going to mount it in the pre prepared slot in the winglet and wire direct to the battery. Much cheaper than the BMW part.

Not sure if it over amps causing the problem. My Sat nav will come up with power lost notification and the power is then restored. Irritating, but not significant enough to investigate yet.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom