BMW Navigator V - Units

markcat7

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
I've just bought a Nav v off the forum and have managed to set most of the settings with the exception of one, so I'm looking for some advice.

I'd like to be able to set the dashboard so I can have 4 measures - speed, time, engine temp and ambient temp. I can get this far, but what I would like to have is speed in mph and temp in degC.

If I set the units in kilometres the temp is in C and if I set the units to miles I get temp in degF!

I've trawled my way through several threads but can't find an answer. Is there anyone else who can help?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

I have just searched the manual but cannot see anything there that stands out regarding the MPH/DegC. :nenau

Having said that, the setting has to be there as I have it on mine as two of the top four bits of info to show on the screen (along with engine temp and range to go).

It's infuriating! I was watching a blog on it by 'Missenden Flyer' and he has the set up I'm after
1st world p blew I suppose. :)

If you mean the screen that will show 1, 2 4, or 16 (I think) variables then this information it taken from the bike & Nav V settings.

I can have speed in MPH or KMPH but with the ambient temperature always in °C
I change the speed setting via the Nav V.

At least I think I can, certainly the speed on the Nav V when in map mode shows KMPH yet the trip on the GS dash LCD is in °C

Can't recall if I've looked at the speed on the dash LCD when I've changed it to KMPH

Page 12 of the manual tells you how to change the speed setting.

Edit I now think you mean the info along the bottom of the Nav V, I didn't even know it had a temperature function but I'd have thought the info comes from the bike.

If you mean the screen as in my 2nd picture then I have MPH & °C try tapping the temperature square, it should come up with options to chose what information is in that square, maybe there is an option to change the units.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 172
Thanks vRSG60
It is the screen that shows1/2/4/16 that I was asking about.
When I go into the above menu and set miles as measurement, the engine temp and ambient are changing to farenheit. If I go back in and update to kilometers, the temps go back into celcius. It is a puzzlement!
Thanks for your help - I'll have another go tonight.

Back
Top Bottom