K1200LT ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbell

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a good K1200LT but want to avoid the 'servo abs models' Can anyone tell me what year was the servo abs introduced to the K1200LT and did it run to the end of production ?

servo

the middle model which has bmw on the brake calipers is the servo prob model. 2001 until 2005 I think. The face lift later model with different clocks is ok as far as I Know as is the earlier one. the servo model when works has shockingly good brakes most of the time !

The servo ABS ran through to the end of production in 2010.

Unless the bike has documented annual brake fluid changes, this could be a potential issue

In this instance This one is a difficult one, The one I worked on had the older Brembo callipers (Silver rings and Brembo written on calliper) but had Servo ABS

If it has two rectangular warning lights that flash on and off together its ABS II

IF it has 2 lamps and one lamp that blinks quickly for several flashes and then just blinks on and off and there is a whirring from under your butt when you pull a brake lever Its servo Brakes

I think the first model had ABS 2 and no servo. the lack of fluid change realy does not cause the servo failure. its much more lickley to be a component failure such as one of the pressure switchs

I have a 1999 model, ABS no servo, I'm pretty sure it was only the first year of production I.e. 1999, that didn't have the servo.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom