***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victory Motorcycles

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I have two mates who have them, one has a Gunner the other a Vision, the vision has done big miles 70k ish trouble free. The Gunner is a lovely bike, he traded a Harley for it (Fatboy) and is much happier as it goes stops and handles much better than the HD. Servicing is cheaper as its a unit lump so only one oil to change. Gunners and Highballs are becoming quite sought after so residuals may start to get better as supplies run out.

I would also have a look at the Indians, I have a Chief Dark Horse and ran it alongside a Harley Streetbob for 18 months, the Indian is by far a better machine in terms of handling, braking, performance, build quality and running costs, the Harley is now gone as it just felt like an underpowered wallowy moped by comparison.

If your budget is low you could always look at Harley, certainly in Scotland they are worthless and can barely be given away, mine went for £5.5k and a mates 2012 for the same same money, the guy who got the Gunner traded his Fatbob (2007) for only £4.5k, seen some nice full dressed Electraglides up for £5k or near offer. I think HDs are losing their value quicker than Indians and Victories these days and probably because there is a glut of them on the market as there are better bikes out there for the money. I won't knock Harley for some its all about the brand and perceived lifestyle and in the end its whatever floats your boat and your happy to ride, the big difference for me is that Victories and Indians perform straight out of the box, an HD requires a lot of money to be thrown at it from new before its performance is even up to keeping up with normal traffic and for that sort of money its a piss take. I toured the states on a new electraglide ultra the new 1690cc at the time, it was so underpowered it was dangerous, I could not keep with the traffic flow on an incline on the freeway and had trucks blowing their horns at me as I was holding them up.

In summary if you want a cruiser and you have a limited budget look at HD, they are being given away especially north of the border, 4-6k will get you a nice big twin, if you want something different that will out perform a HD in all aspects then 8-10K will get you a very nice or even new Victory if you can find a Highball or a Gunner and if you have 10k plus then I would look at Indians.

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Victory and Indian are the same company.

HTH
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Thanks for the info , I’ve got my thoughts on a gunner or a 8 ball or a judge , subject to a demo ride on each and a budget of £8k so it looks like I could be onto something..👍

Strawberry fields ... forever Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The 8 Ball refers to a (minimal) level of trim and can be thought of as the entry level bike for each model.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Greenson View Post
    Thanks for the info , I’ve got my thoughts on a gunner or a 8 ball or a judge , subject to a demo ride on each and a budget of £8k so it looks like I could be onto something..��
    The Gunner is the best of the three and will definitely hold its price the best also the best bike to ride, one for sale on Ebay 16 plate great bike

Quote Originally Posted by Greenson View Post
    Cheers for that - it's like a school playground out here when you buy a bike and the gang bully everyone for being different or individual and not cow tailing to the trend - I recently tried to strike up a chat with a mature couple on a guzzi stelvio at the services and the acerbic witch who was with him said she didn't want to speak to a gs owner cos they are like lemmings with their bikes and attitude to others !!!!! I only wanted to say hello , couldn't get my breath ... We aren't are we ? Well not all of us . Lol
    The horrible old bag ; she needs a kick in the flange.

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by snelly View Post
    The horrible old bag ; she needs a kick in the flange.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceBG View Post
    Found the same myself over the years Pal.
    Personally I couldn't give a Stuff, let em think what they like.
    I've owned Harley's and been tarred with the sad Hoggie / Wild Hogs Brush and been called a Ewan McGregor Wannabe cos I was on a GSA.
    I Ride what I like because I like it.
    When my Taste changes, my Bike changes.
    Who gives a Flying Fck??
    If you Ride it and you like it, you buy it Pal, I'll Ride with U
    Says it all for me
    The older I get, the better I was

Guy who lives next door but 2 to me has one. He loves it. Not sure which model it is as he's put that many farkles on it, it's barely recognisable from the bike he brought home.

Key sentence in his introduction to it when he proudly showed me round was; "The dealer made me such a good offer for my BM, I couldn't refuse it". He bought in February, just after the crimbo credit card bills drop on the doormat. Salesman was desperate to meet his quota, he bought a pre-registered bike with no miles and a huuuge discount. That's 2 years ago and their market presence is much better now. I'd still be tempted to give it a go in Feb though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Guy who lives next door but 2 to me has one. He loves it. Not sure which model it is as he's put that many farkles on it, it's barely recognisable from the bike he brought home.

Key sentence in his introduction to it when he proudly showed me round was; "The dealer made me such a good offer for my BM, I couldn't refuse it". He bought in February, just after the crimbo credit card bills drop on the doormat. Salesman was desperate to meet his quota, he bought a pre-registered bike with no miles and a huuuge discount. That's 2 years ago and their market presence is much better now. I'd still be tempted to give it a go in Feb though.
    That last sentence makes it sound like he bought an Indian not a Victory as Victory's market presence now is exactly NIL since Polaris pulled the plug ?
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12