Textile clothing alterations.

milleplod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bolsover, no longer the home of the Beast.
I picked up a pair of BMW's '3 Phasen' trousers a while back, dirt cheap as they didn't come with the liner/overtrousers (so they're really 1 Phasen.....), but theyre ideal for warmer weather. Anyway, they're a bit big round the waist - the Velcro strap and D-ring doesn't tighten enough to stop the things feeling like they're about to fall down! I was thinking of getting some belt loops sewn on. Can anyone recommend anywhere that would do a decent job?

Pete

Wouldn't braces be better?

If you don't like button fixing, just sew them in with strong thread behind the waistband. Future-proofs them, allowing for any slight expension too.

Wouldn't braces be better?

If you don't like button fixing, just sew them in with strong thread behind the waistband. Future-proofs them, allowing for any slight expension too.

Hmmmm....nope, hadn't considered braces really - they do bring to mind images of fatster Germans, their fatsterness somewhat accentuated by 2" wide elastic straps digging in on either side of their guts. :) Worth a go though, I suppose, clip-on ones might do the job. :thumb2

Pete

Hmmmm....nope, hadn't considered braces really - they do bring to mind images of fatster Germans, their fatsterness somewhat accentuated by 2" wide elastic straps digging in on either side of their guts. :) Worth a go though, I suppose, clip-on ones might do the job. :thumb2

Pete

Clip-on ones will do - but will be slightly awkward if you're trying to use the connecting zip for the jacket as well.

Back
Top Bottom