My luck ran out

I would like to offer the following advice.....avoid being run over if at all possible, a fraction over £8100 is the repair estimate from the bmw dealer. Waiting to hear what the insurance company says.

It's plastic and metal. It can be repaired or - if it's more practical or sensible to do so - it can be replaced. That is what insurance (either yours or the the third party's) is for.

As the solicitor confirmed, there are (thankfully) no injuries, which are sometimes not so easy to mend. It's now just a matter of time and detail.

The accident occurred on 28th October, so in near enough two weeks, you've spoken to the solicitor - who, from your earlier post, you like and seems calm enough - and you now have the full estimate back from an authorised BMW dealership; things are moving on.

He cut the corner. Period. Weather you were stopped or not is not relevant. He has committed an offence by doing so and is responsible for the conceunnces of his actions. He can say what he likes. The facts are lying on the road. JJH

Cutting the corner is not, in itself, an offence AFAIK. In the scenario described, the offence could be driving without due care & attention.

Cutting the corner is not, in itself, an offence AFAIK. In the scenario described, the offence could be driving without due care & attention.

As far as I know it’s an offence to cross a contuineds white line. JJH

JJH- depends on the circs & the OP didn’t say whether he was approaching a give way line or a stop line. It’s only a solid centre line that you don’t cross. Eg on a managed motorway where the hard shoulder is a running lane, you can cross the solid line moving from lane 1 to hard shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom