Toolbox alternative

Mark - while you have a thread going, can I ask if you have ever made any sort of bracket or cover to prevent easy removal of the battery cover on the right hand side of the GS? Any alarm without its own battery backup, such as the one I have fitted, could be easily silenced by disconnecting the battery so it would nice to make that a bit more difficult.

A just slightly deeper cover, replacing the original and flush with the frame tubes could also provide an ideal spot for fitting a Fuzeblock, PDM60, etc, hopefully without getting in the way of the rider's leg.

Fred

Mark - while you have a thread going, can I ask if you have ever made any sort of bracket or cover to prevent easy removal of the battery cover on the right hand side of the GS? Any alarm without its own battery backup, such as the one I have fitted, could be easily silenced by disconnecting the battery so it would nice to make that a bit more difficult.

A just slightly deeper cover, replacing the original and flush with the frame tubes could also provide an ideal spot for fitting a Fuzeblock, PDM60, etc, hopefully without getting in the way of the rider's leg.

Fred

Would simply replacing the torx cover fastener with a security fastener, the type that needs a special tool to undo work? :nenau

A redesign of your Vario garage brackets would be good Mark - as they are they look like you were pissed when you did them....

I could barely see or talk fella :D must`ve been a Friday night. If you think that`s bad you wanna see my XR panniers!

Would simply replacing the torx cover fastener with a security fastener, the type that needs a special tool to undo work? :nenau

I did consider that, but the other two corners just pop into rubber grommets so I think could easily be levered out, and the cover then folded out of the way.

I did consider that, but the other two corners just pop into rubber grommets so I think could easily be levered out, and the cover then folded out of the way.

Mmmm, I see what you mean - I`m off into the garage to take a look for inspiration (and to stay away from the booze)

Aha, quickest and cheapest solution would only make it harder to take off (not impossible to remove but just `harder`) and that would be a `strap` which located on two tube clamps using socket button heads (not impossible to undo but difficult if you haven`t got the exact size allen key.

I`ve seen this work before, because it`s just a little harder and unexpected the piece of sh*t thief simply goes for something easier and expected. best I can come up with this side of Friday and this side of an expensive NASA fix..................

Mmmm, I see what you mean - I`m off into the garage to take a look for inspiration (and to stay away from the booze)

Aha, quickest and cheapest solution would only make it harder to take off (not impossible to remove but just `harder`) and that would be a `strap` which located on two tube clamps using socket button heads (not impossible to undo but difficult if you haven`t got the exact size allen key.

I`ve seen this work before, because it`s just a little harder and unexpected the piece of sh*t thief simply goes for something easier and expected. best I can come up with this side of Friday and this side of an expensive NASA fix..................

I wondered about some sort of strap but didn't know how to fasten it. I'm not familiar with tube clamps but if such things are readily available, sounds like it could be the way to go.

That looks very nice - just an observation, I found the side entry more user friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a cymarc Jobbie. Got it from a member on here Very impressed, went for it because of the side opening. Much more secure. Rock solid when mounted. Also the black metal look suits my bike as it’s all blacked out. Pannier rails etc. Top quality. Well done ����

I’ve got a cymarc Jobbie. Got it from a member on here Very impressed, went for it because of the side opening. Much more secure. Rock solid when mounted. Also the black metal look suits my bike as it’s all blacked out. Pannier rails etc. Top quality. Well done ����

On behalf of Mick and Aaron (and myself!) thank you for your kind words about our stuff! We are very proud of the stuff we make :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom