Textile jacket help

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm need some collective help on some textile jackets. I have a Dainese Tempest D-Dry Textile Jacket and has been ok but find it a little cold in the winter so as looking to upgrade. I need to advice on the options please.
Should I get heated under-top.
bay a lightly better Dainese jacket as the one I have has done well in waterproof stakes like a Dainese D-Cyclone Gore-Tex Jacket
or go all in with some thing like a Rukka Armaxis Jacket, just worried its no better than a cheaper jacket. yours collective advice would be very useful
thanks
fraser

Get a Keis heated vest or jacket. These use very little current unlike some brands so you can run them from a canbus accessory socket without triggering the cutout.

For commuting (only 12 miles) I put a fleece jacket on under my jacket as I can use the fleece at lunchtime. If it is really cold on the commute or I am riding a long way in cold weather then the Keis waistcoat (and heated insoles) come out.

There is no substitute for electrical power, trust me.

Agree whole heartedly with Wapping. The new Gerbrings jacket is really light and pliable. I ride all year with a base layer, heated jacket and Klim unlined jacket. This works just fine in all temps and means no bulky jacket etc.

The NEC show in 2 weeks time might be a fruitful place to start looking. Please don't freeze to death in the meantime.

The NEC show in 2 weeks time might be a fruitful place to start looking. Please don't freeze to death in the meantime.

+1

Absolutely , be aware of the on line prices, and make a cheeky offer! They all have lots of stock to shift.

PS Oxford stuff ( luggage etc) is normally shit... But I love their vest (with the heated neck) and 5 settings on the wee LED controller... great kit , trusted.

Just had a look at this one but reviews very scarce. Are there any vents on it as i can't see any referred to in the description? Thanks

No vents, I just ride with the zip down a bit.

Nowadays riding mainly in the UK

Tom

Back
Top Bottom