Gritters are out tonight

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Welcome to Winter:blast

Just seen the familiar winter sight, beacons flashing............... going through the village

Glad I got a ride in the dales today then, won’t be returning now if that shite is spread on the surface, don’t want my bike getting infected by it .

A slight frost this morning but a lovely sunny ride into work.
I shall fit the muffs this evening and get my heated vest out of the cupboard for preparation. As for the bike, a bit of WD40 and she'll be fine :thumby:

Don't worry too much NYCC are struggling to find staff to man the gritters....Seems 90 quid a week standby n £18.75 p.h. when gritting just aint worth getting out o bed for....:jager

...drove over the B6270 this afternoon, lots of grit on the road. Now holed up in Askrigg with a roaring fire

Good one Wreford, good to hear. Don't be waiting for JB to pop across and buy you a pint, his bike's are tucked up for the winter already ... and it's not even November yet :D

:beerjug:

Good one Wreford, good to hear. Don't be waiting for JB to pop across and buy you a pint, his bike's are tucked up for the winter already ... and it's not even November yet :D

Staying in a nice little barn behind the Crown Pub

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 320
Don't worry too much NYCC are struggling to find staff to man the gritters....Seems 90 quid a week standby n £18.75 p.h. when gritting just aint worth getting out o bed for....:jager

TBH, I wouldn't want to work for that either.

It never fucking snows enough so that 18.75 is just a carrot dangling to tempt unwary into squalor….sorry I mean N Yorks...:rolleyes:

There's always the car..............

Back
Top Bottom