New headers fitted

Looks good, but what is the benifit of coating the headers apart from looks, or is that it ? :nenau

Looks, and they also run much cooler than uncoated headers.

It’s only once they’re fitted you realise how much better they look than stock, now that everything blends in.

Attachments

• 3B5EA0C8-1FF6-4EB5-92FB-2A0AE471BED2.jpg
    3B5EA0C8-1FF6-4EB5-92FB-2A0AE471BED2.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 455
They do look the part, Do you happen to know if used headers can be ceramic coated, or do they have to be New

AJ

I assume with the cats out of the way, the fuelling fixed and the headers coated that there must be a significant reduction in the amount of heat blasting up around your legs - although that is not going to be much help for the next 6 months.

They do look the part, Do you happen to know if used headers can be ceramic coated, or do they have to be New

AJ

I think they can coat used headers, but I’ll ask when I speak to them tomorrow.:thumb

I may get the original ones done, and sell them on here.

I assume with the cats out of the way, the fuelling fixed and the headers coated that there must be a significant reduction in the amount of heat blasting up around your legs - although that is not going to be much help for the next 6 months.

I didn’t notice as much heat at the weekend; could have done with it though!:D

I think they can coat used headers, but I’ll ask when I speak to them tomorrow.

Thanks

AJ

Looks really nice that
Shame about the massive Akra , why does it have to be so bulky ?

I’m a bit behind the curve here but I’ve had used headers ceramic coated before.

Hope it works for you but for what it’s worth, I had a set on an old BMW done by Camcoat twice. Once I paid for it and once they did when it developed rust spots and so gave up after that - maybe I was unlucky.

Either way, they look good!

AJ

I spoke to the guys yesterday, and they can coat used headers. :thumb

Have you done many miles now?.....how are the headers looking? Thnx

They didn't chip or mark in 500 miles, but I sent them back to be redone, as they got scratched when the dealer fitted them.

Since they've been done, I haven't been out on the bike, but will be keeping an eye on the finish. They said the longer the ceramic goes off, the harder the finish, so as they've had about 6 weeks to harden so far, they should be bullet proof!:D

They didn't chip or mark in 500 miles, but I sent them back to be redone, as they got scratched when the dealer fitted them.

Since they've been done, I haven't been out on the bike, but will be keeping an eye on the finish. They said the longer the ceramic goes off, the harder the finish, so as they've had about 6 weeks to harden so far, they should be bullet proof!:D

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom