New headers fitted

Nutty

Reaction score
Finally pressed the button on some Remus headers, and got them ceramic coated prior to fitting.

They free the bike up nicely, look good, and sound great.

Happiness.:D

Attachments

• 66C9855C-4F9F-4E09-9134-7D0223680C50.jpg
    66C9855C-4F9F-4E09-9134-7D0223680C50.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 681
  • 60660D2C-ECBA-4083-A85B-C674601CA2DB.jpg
    60660D2C-ECBA-4083-A85B-C674601CA2DB.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 680
they look fab..even more so in black..did you use Camcoat for the Headers Rich?

they look fab..even more so in black..did you use Camcoat for the Headers Rich?

Nope, I used Zircotec in Abingdon. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they stand up to everyday use, and don’t mark easily.

Might have been better to wait and take it AFTER you fitted the headers !!! Surely it'll run much leaner now ? :blast

Nope, I've already checked that with Mark before I had them fitted. As long as the new headers have o2 sensors, the ECU will learn. I even offered to go back and pay to have it done again. No need, they said. :thumb

How much please I might get my Africa twin front pipes done ,if you don’t mind ?

How much please I might get my Africa twin front pipes done ,if you don’t mind ?

Around £120 to get them coated.

If anyone else is getting them done, just be VERY careful when fitting them, as the finish is very soft, so you’ll need to wrap them in cloths when fitting. Once run up to temperature a few times, they harden, and are much harder wearing than standard headers.

Thanks Nutty,
Do they do them in on piece or dismantled ?

The right side should be assembled off the bike, and the piece under the seat around the swing arm goes on separately.

Around £120 to get them coated.

If anyone else is getting them done, just be VERY careful when fitting them, as the finish is very soft, so you’ll need to wrap them in cloths when fitting. Once run up to temperature a few times, they harden, and are much harder wearing than standard headers.

Interested to know how ceramic coating is more durable than stainless steel?

Just wondering...

Dave

Interested to know how ceramic coating is more durable than stainless steel?

Just wondering...

Dave

No idea, but I’ve read online that they’re more resilient to stone chips/ marks compared to untreated headers. Could be a load of bollocks though, we’ll see!

Back
Top Bottom