Handlebars Feel Twisted

crotchrocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I get an overriding feel that the right grip is closer than the left on my Africa Twin, since new. Mentioned at first service (different dealer to where I bought it) but its still the same. They thought is was OK. I feel it more on the motorway than A roads.

Whats best. Loosen the yokes, bar risers and clamps etc give it a wiggle and tighten up again?

mine is the same!..noticed it riding at the weekend it tracks perfect with no hands, it looks like the right bar is slightly bent back and not the Yokes

Cheers chaps. A couple of others on the FB group mentioned some rubber mounts on the yokes for the handlebar risers. Given the height of the risers, they could be the source and others have loosened them, moved the bars and successfully got them straight so I'll try that tonight, then the yoke / fork clamps too if it persists.

Bit shit Honda wouldn't do that when I pointed it out.

It also could be the result of twisting your bars straight from when on its side stand. Always twisting it to the right.

Cheers chaps. A couple of others on the FB group mentioned some rubber mounts on the yokes for the handlebar risers. Given the height of the risers, they could be the source and others have loosened them, moved the bars and successfully got them straight so I'll try that tonight, then the yoke / fork clamps too if it persists.

Bit shit Honda wouldn't do that when I pointed it out.

Mines in for a Service Friday..Ill get them to have a look:thumby:

My bars were severely twisted when I picked up my AT. I rode straight back to the dealer and they sorted it in minutes. The bike had 3 miles on the clock so I'm surprised it wasn't picked up on the pdi test ride. The dealer said it's where they get tied down in the crate. They were still slightly out of alignment so I loosened the top triple clamp bolts and twisted them until they were aligned.

Sorted mine last night. Visually they were miles out, so undid the risers and handlebar clamps. Handlebar clamps were way over tightened. Set it all straight and did it up. Something the dealer could easily have done as you say.

Back
Top Bottom