11th one for 2017?

Excellent! We can sit in a corner nursing a half pint together.

I might do a scouting expedition to the King Billy, to see if it's got any better. In the interests of the group, of course!

Is it the 23rd? If so I'll try and make it but I am away the first part of the week and might tag on a few days.

Just got here on the off chance that someone else might actually care - thank you very much for starting the thread, Berin! :thumb2

Yes, keeping to our traditional meeting pattern, it would be Thursday 23rd November 2017 from 19.30 hrs onward.

See you at the King Billy if it has improved or anywhere else you suggest. :)

Out for thanksgiving unfortunately. Will there be an Xmas dinner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Its in the diary should be good for that...

Hello all: been around Thames Valley for over 8 years, but never had a chance to meet up with UKGSER folks around here. Thursday 23rd Nov pencilled in. Hope to see you all then.

Can someone post the address for the venue please?

Hi, welcome to the group! I'll post the venue as soon as it's decided,

See you then,

Hello all: been around Thames Valley for over 8 years, but never had a chance to meet up with UKGSER folks around here. Thursday 23rd Nov pencilled in. Hope to see you all then.

Can someone post the address for the venue please?

Patrick and I visited the King Billy on Saturday evening, in the interests of research. While it was busy enough, prices have gone up although the menu remains the same. Taking pie as a benchmark, the standard pie and new potatoes offering is a rather steep £14.25. On top of that, the landlord has imposed a chip tax and wants an *extra* £1.50 to substitute chips for new potatoes! This is unconscionable, and renders chips as an elite food group available only to the privileged few and not at all in keeping with the egalitarian ethic of our little band.

I therefore recommend we take our business to the Red Lion at Brightwell and will make a booking today.

Patrick and I visited the King Billy on Saturday evening, in the interests of research. While it was busy enough, prices have gone up although the menu remains the same. Taking pie as a benchmark, the standard pie and new potatoes offering is a rather steep £14.25. On top of that, the landlord has imposed a chip tax and wants an *extra* £1.50 to substitute chips for new potatoes! This is unconscionable, and renders chips as an elite food group available only to the privileged few and not at all in keeping with the egalitarian ethic of our little band.

I therefore recommend we take our business to the Red Lion at Brightwell and will make a booking today.

Totally agree with you! Thank you both very much for your research efforts. :thumb2

See you at the Red Lion on Thursday.

Good to meet up with everyone. Thanks to all for a great evening and getting me also on to the off-roading bandwagon. Looking forward to seeing you all in Jan (hopefully with a 250 :) :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom