Black mountains

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Great ride over the Black Mountain on the steamer,weather was great if a little cold,one advantage of being retired is I can get out during the week when the roads like these are extremely quiet.

Attachments

• C64FD3C2-8301-4D84-881B-31C73A1EEE42.jpg
    C64FD3C2-8301-4D84-881B-31C73A1EEE42.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 452
Mek ya mind up. Black Mountain or Mountains? :D
It was the Black Mountains when I set out,and the Black Mountain when I was sitting on the picnic bench taking in the views.��

Hi - whereabouts is this in Wales, if you don't mind me asking? I like to ride up into Wales and back in a long day (I'm in Devon) and this looks like a nice place to add to me list of routes ;-)

Mek ya mind up. Black Mountain or Mountains? :D

Black Mountain...

How about this for some early '70's road movie nonsense:

(references 'Two Lane Blacktop' and 'Vanishing Point' amongst others)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KJcWxTBAEGI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi - whereabouts is this in Wales, if you don't mind me asking? I like to ride up into Wales and back in a long day (I'm in Devon) and this looks like a nice place to add to me list of routes ;-)
The road is the A4069 between Brynamman and Llangadog,this time of year is great,no sheep,and midweek no traffic.Weekends,especially if the weather is good is full of picnickers ,walkers, and bikes.
If you are coming up from Devon on the M4 then you need to come off at junction 45,head for Pontardawe,into the centre,follow signs to Cwmgors, then Brynamman, and then Llangadog.If you head into Llandovery there are two very good biker cafes,The West End Cafe,and the Owls Nest.

The road is the A4069 between Brynamman and Llangadog,this time of year is great,no sheep,and midweek no traffic.Weekends,especially if the weather is good is full of picnickers ,walkers, and bikes.
If you are coming up from Devon on the M4 then you need to come off at junction 45,head for Pontardawe,into the centre,follow signs to Cwmgors, then Brynamman, and then Llangadog.If you head into Llandovery there are two very good biker cafes,The West End Cafe,and the Owls Nest.

Cheers for that, just looked the route up, I'm sure I could build a great ride up around that area :)

Back
Top Bottom