790 Duke

I've got mine now and it's going to be a lot of fun.

Totally bonkers just like its owner!

It’s a good package . Cracking motor in a great chassis . Not that adjustable but perfect if you happen to be anywhere near 85kgs in weight which is what KTM set it up for ....

It’s a good package . Cracking motor in a great chassis . Not that adjustable but perfect if you happen to be anywhere near 85kgs in weight which is what KTM set it up for ....

Is it just mine but if you accelerate then decelerate quickly in the lower gears it seems to feel very odd in that it seems to go again momentarily even though the throttle hasn’t been re-opened?

Is it just mine but if you accelerate then decelerate quickly in the lower gears it seems to feel very odd in that it seems to go again momentarily even though the throttle hasn’t been re-opened?

Ask your dealer if the bike has had the remap that KTM issued recently

Check this out from 8.00 mins :thumb

Yes, I understood your OP but still not sure what that would have to with the issue, anyway see Nice'n'Fat's post...........

Andres

Was just thinking that if it didn't have an anti-hopping clutch then rapid deceleration in low gears from high revs could cause the rear wheel to hop - don't some engines feed in a little fuel in these circumstances to reduce the engine braking effect?

Was just thinking that if it didn't have an anti-hopping clutch then rapid deceleration in low gears from high revs could cause the rear wheel to hop - don't some engines feed in a little fuel in these circumstances to reduce the engine braking effect?

I think some modern systems (new top of the range LC8 engined KTM's for example) use the engine management as well as a slipper clutch to control the over run..........

Andres

I think some modern systems (new top of the range LC8 engined KTM's for example) use the engine management as well as a slipper clutch to control the over run..........

Andres

Yes and I was thinking that if they fed in a tad too much more fuel than necessary or opened the butterflies too much to reduce engine braking then it might feel like the bike was picking up again a bit during deceleration, but whatever the cause it seems like they have a fix.

Not normally interested in KTMs but this one looks good :)

Yes and I was thinking that if they fed in a tad too much more fuel than necessary or opened the butterflies too much to reduce engine braking then it might feel like the bike was picking up again a bit during deceleration, but whatever the cause it seems like they have a fix.

Not normally interested in KTMs but this one looks good :)

That was an option on the Super Adventure when I tried one a couple of years back

Bought a GS :aidan

It's not slow for a small naked bike !!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMotorcycleNews%2Fvideos%2F10155998267738855%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom