New Guzzi V85 looks good.

The tank will probably be made by Acerbis, who are based in Italy and have been making fuel tanks for bikes for a while

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably, I think they made the ones for Ducati.

Ethanol is still a problem for modern bikes just look at Ducati (as Rushy mentioned) or KTM. It’s one of the reasons that a lot of bikes with poly tanks are now left unfinished and have additional body work/panels for the paint.

Andres

Harley XR1200's had the problem as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egslC4_p_Oc
The other thing is, given the same exterior size and shape tanks, the plastic one will have less internal volume than a steel one which was a nice improvement when Guzzi changed from plastic to metal tanks on the V7's. Given this I'm just curious why they went with plastic on the V85?

Sadly not mine...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1551900762401.jpg
    FB_IMG_1551900762401.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 323
I think the marketing of this bike is a good example of how the current fashion of drip feeding snippets to build up expectation and desire can backfire. When I saw the first prototype I wanted one. The more I have seen of it over time the less I wanted one. I really don’t want one, in fact I reckon my current VStrom 650 would out perform it in every department.....including looks, and that is saying something about the MG.

........I reckon my current VStrom 650 would out perform it in every department.....including looks.........

I dunno, IMO the Wee may out perform it in every department except looks..... and maybe suspension.

:cool:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1552237201421.jpg
    FB_IMG_1552237201421.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 531
Any news from dealers as to when this is actually going to be available? I agree that the drip-feeding is a bit crap. For me I’d love a Guzzi as it’s something different, and it remains the only middleweight shaft drive bike.

I think the marketing of this bike is a good example of how the current fashion of drip feeding snippets to build up expectation and desire can backfire. When I saw the first prototype I wanted one. The more I have seen of it over time the less I wanted one. I really don’t want one, in fact I reckon my current VStrom 650 would out perform it in every department.....including looks, and that is saying something about the MG.

I agree with all of that (about the marketing) but comparing it to a VStrom? Paleeeeeeese :eek:

This is a Guzzi, Guzzi 's are all about character, flaws and well..........Italian. They are never perfect, sometimes they are shite but a large number of us out there love them despite (probably because) of all of that. The VStrom is a great bike (I'm not knocking it) but much like a WBM it's a tool, it has no soul.

Cars are tools, bikes are about soul :thumb

Andres

Any news from dealers as to when this is actually going to be available? I agree that the drip-feeding is a bit crap. For me I’d love a Guzzi as it’s something different, and it remains the only middleweight shaft drive bike.

I have a deposit ( refundable) with Teasdales at Thirsk. Spoke to Andy yesterday, he's hoping to have one ready for demo in two weeks.

Do share your thoughts once you get a test ride :thumb

I know its been said before but that bike and the rider's gear is going to need constant cleaning with all the cack that Front Wheel is going to throw up. Unless the production version has a proper front mudguard :rob

I’m liking it so far....

2c8e5bd53f299b9007eb969f70262007.jpg

I can see it’s now listed on the UK MG site. Very tempting. Not sure what it’s like close-up but looks well-made and has visual character - much missing from most modern “adventure” bikes.

Back
Top Bottom