New Guzzi V85 looks good.

7d4fc86e5a8714beb3e7bba83a40d813.jpg

You must have been in there sharpish JB, Told me they only unboxed it at lunchtime. Not sure why they're not getting it PDI'd before the W/E, they must be busy.

Bugger we were down there at 10 ish that's what was in the box in the yard ............... that said had a good look at the V85 at the NEC bike show and it was impressive especially in the solid sensible colours

I called my localish dealer today and was told that it wasn’t due in until next month ...

I had the same response from Blade in Swindon. Shame, as I have next week off work and thought I might occupy myself by kicking tyres and blagging test rides.

One word Charming

Very easy to ride, will potter at 30-35 in 6th
Sweet handling
Very neat and nice finish
And on failing and broken backroads the suspension was very compliant
Doesn’t set the pulse racing but the complete package is as I say charming

Attachments

• D27827FF-F617-431A-9EA2-5D9C0FAF1F8D.jpg
    D27827FF-F617-431A-9EA2-5D9C0FAF1F8D.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 309
One word Charming

Very easy to ride, will potter at 30-35 in 6th
Sweet handling
Very neat and nice finish
And on failing and broken backroads the suspension was very compliant
Doesn’t set the pulse racing but the complete package is as I say charming

Very 1150 then
Should suit me as I don't want hyperdrive
Charming is good
I said to the dealer it probably has loads of torque
Nice

Very 1150 then
Should suit me as I don't want hyperdrive
Charming is good
I said to the dealer it probably has loads of torque
Nice

I liked the detail and finish, nice switchgear, nice paint no areas from my quick look of messy packaging of electrics etc...
Gear change seem ok, straight into clutchless up shifts no problem
I rode it back along the roads I’d ridden in on - it’s a 65-75 mph bike where the 1200 is 75-85
It feels 25% lighter to ride than a 1200 GSA
I don’t mind wind from a low screen, being use to the Airhead and KTM but on a shitty day you’d feel sat out in it
Deffinatley very 1150 and that's maybe the dilemma, it’s very 1150 for a lot more money and a touch less grunt
Comfort, brakes, clutch action all seemed and worked as you’d expect on a charming bike
It does look lovely....

So I’ve now tried three exciting new bikes
Triumph 1200 XE
KTM 790
V85TT

Charm and overall looks V85
Coolness, grunt and some rough capability Triumph 1200 XE
Cool and very competant at many things from being a big EXC, a fast road bike and a long distance ADV ride the 790 - This one of the three has purpose beyond being charming and cool

It’s like a modern version of my Airhead, especially without panniers and top box

Attachments

• F453D56F-3F54-47E8-BBB3-6280173FF054.jpg
    F453D56F-3F54-47E8-BBB3-6280173FF054.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 293
  • A410C5AE-89FB-49C3-B17B-1369B42683E6.jpg
    A410C5AE-89FB-49C3-B17B-1369B42683E6.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 285
But would you actually buy one ? Would the dealer survive the cobweb cloud if your wallet was produced........??

Why not ?

Looking for a new bike this year or next

Will try both the V85TT & 790R too, in same dealer

And the Triumph 1200 Scrambler too

We're not all as blasé and boastful as you though

Do you try hard to be such a complete knob or is it just a persona you use on this forum ?

I liked the detail and finish, nice switchgear, nice paint no areas from my quick look of messy packaging of electrics etc...
Gear change seem ok, straight into clutchless up shifts no problem
I rode it back along the roads I’d ridden in on - it’s a 65-75 mph bike where the 1200 is 75-85
It feels 25% lighter to ride than a 1200 GSA
I don’t mind wind from a low screen, being use to the Airhead and KTM but on a shitty day you’d feel sat out in it
Deffinatley very 1150 and that's maybe the dilemma, it’s very 1150 for a lot more money and a touch less grunt
Comfort, brakes, clutch action all seemed and worked as you’d expect on a charming bike
It does look lovely....

So I’ve now tried three exciting new bikes
Triumph 1200 XE
KTM 790
V85TT

Charm and overall looks V85
Coolness, grunt and some rough capability Triumph 1200 XE
Cool and very competant at many things from being a big EXC, a fast road bike and a long distance ADV ride the 790 - This one of the three has purpose beyond being charming and cool

It’s like a modern version of my Airhead, especially without panniers and top box

Cheers Wreford I respect your valued opinion on how the bike's ride - spoken objectively & in a true light and without the gushing froth of Arsey

I shall revisit your Triumph 1200 and 790 prose too

I need to get a go on the V85 and see if I could drop back to 1150 power because everything else about it sounds great .

I feel like a change but my Crosstourer does everything I want it to do and looks pretty good in the Camo IMHO although I don’t go into the garage to look at it nor often turn back when I walk away from it. It does go like the clappers though, the V4 is so smooth, she sounds great, handles pretty well on pure road rubber and the DCT is brilliant.

My Guzzi has gone , sold to a mate for a song , because it wasnt getting used , the final nail in the coffin was the 3 mile between MOTs last year. I rarely got out unless it’s for 200+ mile days , never for a short bimble. So 2 motorbikes didnt work for me as I’d always take the Honda for comfort and local trips are done on the Vespa.

My shortlist is Africa Twin, Desert Sled , 9T Urban or the V85. The Sled is probably just too far removed from my CT , slow & small , no weather protection at all. The Urban has much more go but still a bit exposed and not as lofty as the CT so I think its between the AT and the V85 . I’d be buying used though so I’m gonna have to wait if it’s the v85, I missed that fantastic ATAS that came up for sale a few weeks ago on here by a few hours.

Why not ?

Looking for a new bike this year or next

Will try both the V85TT & 790R too, in same dealer

And the Triumph 1200 Scrambler too

We're not all as blasé and boastful as you though

Do you try hard to be such a complete knob or is it just a persona you use on this forum ?

Suggest you look in the mirror first . There are some fantastic people on this forum.
You ain’t one of them . So kindly fuck off .

Suggest you look in the mirror first . There are some fantastic people on this forum.
You ain’t one of them . So kindly fuck off .

Some here would say the same goes for you too

So I could say the same to you and kindly fuck off too

But that would be churlish

You have obviously got something against me, as you are constantly having a dig at me ?

Why not just put me on your ignore list and then I won't be troubling you again

Some here would say the same goes for you too

So I could say the same to you and kindly fuck off too

But that would be churlish

You have obviously got something against me, as you are constantly having a dig at me ?

Why not just put me on your ignore list and then I won't be troubling you again

After the day I’ve had , that’s a fantastic idea. Done .

Once Guzzis get in your blood................

You know it :thumb :D

Andres

I know , it’s mad isn’t it? They do get under your skin once you’ve had one . I bought the 1200 Sport on a whim, it just came up on here at a really great price , loved everything about it but it just wasnt comfortable enough for touring . Sold it last year and immediately regretted it . I’ve been lookin for an excuse to get another Guzzi ever since . I liked Arseys and there was an MGx21 for sale on Autorader for a bargain £11500 a couple of months ago . I was tempted by both but I couldn’t live with a cruiser as my only bike.

The V85 could be the answer as it would do fine for me as an only bike......I’d rather buy a used one in 12 mths and save a couple of grand but then again I haven’t had a new bike since 1989..... :bounce1

Looks better in the flesh.
Superb build quality & finish.
Fealt light enough, when I moved it about.
Panniers far to high for my busted body.

I could of took it out, but I don't want an £11k bike sat outside under cover for 6 months of the year plus.
And as cookie posted on Facebook earlier - especially an Italian one ;)

And my F650GS SE has been farkled to fit me perfectly.
(And it cost me less than a 1/4 of a V85TT)

Add to that I have an XC & a Guzzi Strada to sort out.

My garage is overflowing :bounce1

But who knows what time brings... :augie

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1553370007175.jpg
    FB_IMG_1553370007175.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 407
  • FB_IMG_1553370001175.jpg
    FB_IMG_1553370001175.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 420
Bloody hell how come all the dealers NOT near me have already got their demo bikes on the road?:blast

I might have to call QB in the Midlands next week to see if they’ve got one in ....

Back
Top Bottom