Tft screen, nav 6 and Bluetooth headset.

BMW Helmet is bluetooth2 which allows only one hfp connection, the latest bmw helmet System 7 should be bluetooth 4.? rumoured to be a Sena system.?

Nope, in my opinion, the comm unit sold with the system 7 seems to be a slightly repackaged system 6 unit(and I doubt it's a Sena or Cardo unit, looks to be a inhouse of spec farmed contraption). Buttons are a little different but inside, the electronics seems to be identical, as is the software version (mine runs on v.270 which was also the last know version of the previous unit).

Later found on line posts by BMW that confirms the kit will not work together and gives the impression that is a limit on the technology.

I would really like it if you could find and post those original communications by BMW re the comm unit. My stealership keeps pretending they managed to make it work(but I strongly suspect bullshit)... With all the TFT updates snafu I let time pass, and the lack of Nav6 voice is not that big of a deal for me to begin with, but I bought this overpriced POS specifically to avoid compatibility issues and was told it was the only surefire way to have everything work together.

For the time being, only advantage of the System 7 comm unit is the volume control via the wonder wheel(which is a petty and shitty way to peddles their inferior and overpriced gear).

Other than that, volume is crap, sound quality is crap, bluetooth compression is bad, unit cannot be used while charging (it simply hangs if you try, and only way to reset it is to wait until the battery dies).

Back
Top Bottom