Bought a TE449

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit quiet in here so bought a Husky so i could post :p
Bit of an oddball (and the bike) pick up Saturday and straight in for an MOT so should be interesting as its been stood apart from the odd blast across a field.
Will report when i know what i have bought (ebay ) so could be another turd that needs polishing :eek: hopefully not though

Good luck with that one, I rode one for a day...................horrible bike

Parts are getting harder to obtain as they're unsupported by KTM and depreciation is high

Should have kept that Honda

Was it that one on ebay with the aftermarket fairing. You got it for a good price if so.

If you find it a bit snatchy, can fit a g8 throttle cam to tame it lower on the rev range.

Can be difficult to start. I have 2. The one with the lithium battery seems to overcome this.

They can blow oil out of the breather. There are a couple of fixes avail.

Theres a place in italy where you can order original parts, and another in the uk who can be cheaper. I have the links on my desktop if needed.

Loads of info on cafe husky. Ignore the cantankerous one one here :D

Thanks for the info, it's not been used much and needs fettling so contacts would be great, and yes he takes the meldrew syndrome to a new level.

Gareth mentioned fitting a G8 throttle tamer which is a good idea....but :D there's a cheaper mod which I've done with my 950se.

Modify the first third of your oem throttle with a hacksaw blade, it made a huge difference to mine. :)

here you go, not seen one like this and the fairing etc. was fitted by bwm from new apparently, may have been a promotion bike but as long as it wasn't Knighters practice bike i'm ok with it. How long it will last when I get out on the trails is another matter. Has road book holder aswell apparently.

Attachments

• Husky 1 reduced.jpg
    Husky 1 reduced.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 639
I remember you doing that, was there a tutorial ?

Google images of a G8 throttle and note the profile.
Disconnect the cables but leave the throttle on the handle bars so you can turn it against the hacksaw blade until you have the same profile.

You may need to clean any rough edges of plastic up, check the cable doesn't hang up in the groove.
Took me 10mins at the most from start to finish.

Oh yes, get rid of that return cable for a lighter throttle, I just leave the outer in place.

Crap photo but you get the idea.

IMG_2100-XL.jpg

better view

Not sure where the rally fairing came from but fitted by bwm apparently, was white and previous had it painted. Got the full rally stack with roadmap holder.

Attachments

• husky.jpg
    husky.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 577
That engine looks remarkably similar to the one in my CCM GP450 SR - it's got the hydraulic clutch and 6 speed box (original GP Adventure had 5 speed and cable clutch). Mine's got the powerplug and a dynojet fitted as well as the carbon exhaust.
I'm just asking about the breather mod which comes from Australia I believe - will let you know what response I get!

Yes, was looking at the DP ? breather and would be interested in your findings. Bit of modifying of rocker rubbers I think to install.
I know Husky did some mods over the original BM unit to improve it but don't know the full spec changes, 6 spd is one.

There are a couple of breather options that i know of.

1. The DMD one from australia. It's been designed and manufactured by dangermouse who is active on cafehusky and also runs the 449/511 facebook site.

2. Zipty Racing do a more expensive option from the states. Works on a different concept.

Not sure which one is best unfortunately.

Flew the mot so treated to a new k60 scout. Rides fine, bit vibrant at high speed and needs higher renthal bars. Full service tomorrow

There are a couple of breather options that i know of.

1. The DMD one from australia. It's been designed and manufactured by dangermouse who is active on cafehusky and also runs the 449/511 facebook site.

2. Zipty Racing do a more expensive option from the states. Works on a different concept.

Not sure which one is best unfortunately.

Thanks, I only knew about the first one from Dangermouse in Oz. No idea which works best either and not heard back yet from the CCM mechanic guy who sources and fits them. Apparently in the standard breather set up hot gases go straight past some important bearing (IIRC torque converter, but might have got that wrong!) which then burns out over time. The mod just diverts the gases away from it.

Back
Top Bottom