2008 GSA Bar End Weights

Topcat502

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all...
Trying to reduce the vibration on the bars. (The right side more so affecting mirror)
I have some grip buddies fitted which have helped and was looking for some
heavier bar ends..
I looked at Evotech (following a suggestion) but they only do years 2013 onwards..
Any ideas would be appreciated..
Thx All.. :thumb2

Hi all...
Trying to reduce the vibration on the bars. (The right side more so affecting mirror)
I have some grip buddies fitted which have helped and was looking for some
heavier bar ends..
I looked at Evotech (following a suggestion) but they only do years 2013 onwards..
Any ideas would be appreciated..
Thx All.. :thumb2

When I first got my 2005 GS I too was suffering with the vibes. I bought grip buddies and although I first thought there was an improvement, The problem was always still there on longer runs.

Anyway.... a few weeks ago I synced the throttle bodies (they were slightly mismatched) this has seemed to improve things for me.

I have even now removed my grip buddies and have enjoyed several long journeys now without serious vibes. I personally found that the grips were a little too wide for my liking and by going back to the original grips they are certainly more comfortable. Must just be a personal thing. I don't have tiny hands just average but no probs since....

SP :cool:

I suspect my hands are more sensitive to vibes than some. However other similar age (08) bikes don't seems as bad as mine for vibes. The usual things including throttle synch gave minimal improvements in bar vibration.

I already had some Rox anti vibration bar risers and was unhappy with BMW's handlebar sweep (rearward angle). I fitted the risers with Renthal Fatbars with a McGrath bend. Normal bars would do as the risers can also take 22mm bars. The result gives me a grip height similar to standard in spite of the risers. The bars are filled with lead shot and I fitted lead filled end weighs made from 50mm stainless tube with stainless washers on the ends.

Vibrations are much better but I still suspect a very long run will be an issue again. At least on my bike, I think my "fix" is about as far as it can go.

When I first got my 2005 GS I too was suffering with the vibes. I bought grip buddies and although I first thought there was an improvement, The problem was always still there on longer runs.

Anyway.... a few weeks ago I synced the throttle bodies (they were slightly mismatched) this has seemed to improve things for me.

I have even now removed my grip buddies and have enjoyed several long journeys now without serious vibes. I personally found that the grips were a little too wide for my liking and by going back to the original grips they are certainly more comfortable. Must just be a personal thing. I don't have tiny hands just average but no probs since....

SP :cool:
Sorry, my comment above was aimed at you.

Sent from a U11

I'm going t keep hold of them for now.... think they are only about £12 on amazon or at least I think they were when I bought them
No problem.

I thought we where talking about the brand "grip buddies" which are a bit dearer then the foam sleeves.

They are around 30 quid.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sent from a U11

Strada 7 grip sleeves are £13.95 on eBay. Who knows if genuine Grip Buddies are better.
I'm not implying the the Buddies are any better.... they are just different.

There is no spannering to be done. They wrap around and velcro to hold in place.

I'm allergic to spanners.

Sent from a U11

I'm not implying the the Buddies are any better.... they are just different.

There is no spannering to be done. They wrap around and velcro to hold in place.

I'm allergic to spanners.

Sent from a U11

Iv'e no idea which is better or if either is any good. I did have some of the eBay sleeves but gave them to my brother who now has them in his garage somewhere. On my bike I have some 3mm Sorbothane sheet wrapped around the grip held in place by snooker cue heat shrink sleeves. It gives me a fatter bar grip (which I prefer) but its unlikely to have any useful effect on vibration.

Thx. I've been looking into throttle sync.. Looks like a job for spring now after a service and valve space check.. Thx again for the advice..

Much of the time it's not the vibration that causes discomfort, it's yer age. Carpel Tunnel.
I found that the wider diameter of the grip buddies meant that my hands didn't have to close as much. Not a cure, but helps
Had the problem even when I had a K1600GT.

I often come across median nerve issues that get diagnosed carpal tunnel. More often its issues with the lower cervical spine, round shoulders, head forwards posture that crimps the nerve bundle around first rib and collarbone. Add some spinal degradation and you have recipe for shoulder and arm problems. Ulna, Median, and Radial nerves up to and including shoulders nerves from C5 are all affected.

Free'ing up the rib and lower neck allows postural training to be more effective.

Back
Top Bottom