Speed camera issues

smudger64

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I have the Nav VI and am struggling with the cameras. The cameras via the smart phone link cause it it alarm on any road that once had a mobile camera. According to garmin I can't turn of mobile cameras without turning of the fixed cameras. I can't believe this basic functionality isn't in a 600 device when it was in my Tomtom years ago.
I've tried the gp data bases and that doesn't alert, and that alerts way too far from the camera to be any use. I've tried to reduce the time to 100 feet but seems to have no effect.
Garmin suggested I download their cyclops data base (what fuck is the smart phone link for then?), but that doesn't work either.
Has anyone else cracked having a reliable alert for all fixed cameras that doesn't go off every two seconds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I edited the title, introducing the word speed. Otherwise, people would have assumed the post and any subsequent thread was all about photo cameras and their use with the Nav VI.

same issues millions of emails to garmin with piss poor responses i think i know what has happened bmw now with the 2018 bikes have sat nav integrated into the dash via a smartphone link of thier own so garmin have thrown a hissy fit and are not bothering to fix the issues with this latest nav 6 .i for one will never buy another garmin product

Good luck with this - I'll watch with interest. The speed camera warnings are muted on mine otherwise around my area the bloomin' 'bongs' are almost continuous.

Back
Top Bottom