Thread: Greetings from Scotland

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Greetings from Scotland

Hello all,
    Im new to the forum as you can tell by the post. 26 year old student at the University of Edinburgh Vet School. Just got my hand on a 2011 BMW G650GS and enjoying exploring the Scottish countryside. If you have any ideas/suggestions about routes in the area or want to go for a ride together, let me know
    -Charles

Beaky Farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Welcome.
    A701 or 702 to Moffat for starters

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Greeting from East Lothian

G650GS's are great wee bikes....... Had a Sertao for a few years and took it everywhere and Mrs P has a G650GS(converted into a trike)

Lammermuirs are right on the doorstep and always good and there's a few of us locals who ride all year up there

FP.

I've done the 701/702 to Moffat then across to Selkirk. Beautiful roads! Will check out the Lammermuirs tomorrow, thanks for the ideas!

A Dick Vet eh? Welcome aboard. Suggest you sign up to EDAM (Edi & District Advanced Motorcyclists) for more biking info and even some vet related stuff!

Hello from West Lothian. Hopefully I see you about, I'll be on the big sky blue RT.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep, at the Dick Vet, lovely out here in Roslin! I've never heard of EDAM so will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDick View Post
    Yep, at the Dick Vet, lovely out here in Roslin! I've never heard of EDAM so will check them out.
    Just occurred : as your age is < 29, pass your IAM test via EDAM and you'll get your course fee back from a bequest. BTW, a G650 or X Country followed me (R100GS) up Braid Road out of town yesterday for a bit. Wisnae you at all?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/495476...52&ref=m_notif

If you're on Faceache.

Beaky Farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Scotboxer, were you at the M/C forum at Tulliallan a few weeks ago?

Nope. Usually try to attend but this one clashed with summat.

Greetings & welcome to the forum....enjoy your bike & studies
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Welcome.

Now about my dogs anal glands......

Nah, wasn't me. I headed out to the Lammermuirs yesterday at Farmer P's suggestion then stopped by the BMW dealership at Dalkeith for a look around. I think I'll sign up to EDAM and the Skills for Life course in the summer when I have a bit more time on my hands and not up to my shoulder in cow...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDick View Post
    Nah, wasn't me. I headed out to the Lammermuirs yesterday at Farmer P's suggestion then stopped by the BMW dealership at Dalkeith for a look around. I think I'll sign up to EDAM and the Skills for Life course in the summer when I have a bit more time on my hands and not up to my shoulder in cow...
    Welcome to come along to events anyway. FB page will contain notifications. Next one is a demo of Helite vests.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Appreciate it! I'll definitely try and make it to the November 22nd on Science of Cornering.