Akrapovic can transfer question...

Ash700

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please could anyone tell me if the Akrapovic can fitted to my 2014 GSA will transfer to the latest GSA?

Thanks in advance :thumb2

Thanks guys, if that is the case it is very good news. The reason I ask is that I was told by the salesman from the dealership I use that it wouldn’t, which I needed a second opinion on due to having doubts. I am talking specifically about the very latest (2018) model of GSA so unless something has changed on it which is different to the 2017 models then I’ll behappy if it fits.

The earlier Euro 3 can with the twin pipes into the silencer is much better imho than the Euro IV your dealer is trying to fleece you for. I’ve had the Euro 3 on a 2014 and 2017 LC. You will be fine chap.

You probably have a Euro 3 Akra, and they’re trying to sell you a Euro 4 Akra. The Euro 3 is better (I have one on my Rallye), as you can remove the baffles.

This dude ☝️☝️☝️ has had a “few” GS’es and is in the know on the Akrapovic front.

Excellent. Thank you very much. Dealer was adamant it wouldn’t fit (he supplied it originally) so I was almost convinced, but just had a niggle in my mind about it.

My current GSA is a 2014 LC - the first ones... and can was supplied and fitted by dealer. I’ll be taking the Akra off and fitting the original can back on soon in readiness for the upgrade to the latest.

Thanks again guys :thumby:

Was told the oe can for the gsa/gs for euro 4 is different to the euro 3 compliant one (ie part nos), so that for homologation euro 4 bike must have a euro 4 can when it is sold new by the dealer.

Perhaps the euro 3 compliant can is less restrictive, but once the new bike has left the dealership it shouldn't matter if it is swapped as it physically fits

Technically you shouldn’t swap them and the dealer will refuse to do it for you but it does fit and is louder especially with either one or both baffles removed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dealer swapped my euro 3 full system to my new '17 bike before it ever turned a wheel.

With standard cans up to 8/2016 ie Euro 3 compliant the silencer is part nos 18518552011, silencers after that date ie euro 4 compliant are part nos 18518525082

Back
Top Bottom