Best time to strike a deal

Chester Motorrad you say. Splarry works there. Steve in real life. More active on boxertrix but I think he is on here too.

It’s also the case as and when models are due to be replaced. Not applicable in the Op’s Case as he’s after a new TFT GSA but some tidy bargains can be had. I’ve always bought bikes towards the back end of the month and gauged whether the salesman has made his target or not. If not they’re usually willing to move a little further.

It’s also the case as and when models are due to be replaced. Not applicable in the Op’s Case as he’s after a new TFT GSA but some tidy bargains can be had. I’ve always bought bikes towards the back end of the month and gauged whether the salesman has made his target or not. If not they’re usually willing to move a little further.

Yup, I'm not the only one on here to have walked into a dealer over the summer to buy a GS and to find the dealer offering to knock 1200 quid off without even as much as a haggle, only to find of course that the tft came out several months later (not that in truth I would have delayed my purchase). Will be interesting to see how much you'll be able to get when the 2019 model gets released next year.

The dealer’s have been discounting for a while. BMW UK released a number of 2017 bikes at discounted prices some weeks ago. Park Lane had several March registered fully loaded GSA Rallye Sports for £14850 in October. Other dealers could access a supply of unregistered bikes for a few hundred more. We just bought one.

My understanding from the local dealers is that the targets are annual and some of the dealers have already met them. Apparently when they do they get an increased margin on new bike sales as well as their dealer bonus.

My suggestion would be ask the question of a number of dealers any time from late September onwards. If you like the offer buy. If you don’t wait and hope it gets better. It might, it might not.

At some point the focus moves from selling ‘old’ stock to the 2018 bikes.

I emailed six dealers towards the end of February asking for their best price on a March 2015 GS TE, i.e. the latest ESA version with self leveling suspension. I got 4 responses and the best was from Balderstons. When they also agreed to include a free first service I decided to go with them rather than wait for any more responses. I've been very pleased with them and the bike which I collected on March 16th.

Balderston are a very good dealer.

That’s a great deal for a GSA rallye adventure,I’ll have one now 👍

Last working week in March.

End of Financial Year for most dealers

That's end of tax year, nothing to do with end of financial year which will be different for each dealer. That's also the start of bikermate's season when things are picking up for most dealers.

Best time to strike a deal is two weeks before xmas, said the dealer in a recent edition of MCN (as I mentioned earlier in the thread).

This very day, a colleague has struck a deal to buy a brand new, unregistered XDiavel S, list 20K, for 16.5K cash. Gets delivered next week.

When I visited my dealer last week, I was looking at trading and was told by the guy who I normally deal with that I might as well wait until March next year and get an ‘18’ plate bike. He wasn’t champing at the bit trying to sell me a new bike, so imagine they must have made their targets and he was just thinking that I’d probably be customer to add to his 2018 targets.

When is a good time for a deal? Er, right now if my experience today is anything to go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm. Maybe a triple black adventure with tft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Popped into my local dealer today and had a wee chinwag with the main sales guy. They made their yearly sales target beginning November. The problem is making the target for the first quarter of the year.

Did my deal a few days ago for collection in March. Standard height GSA TB with TFT. Just need to sell mine now... where are these for sale pages...

My dealer tried (and failed) to do me a deal on a new GS, so they weren’t as hungry for the business as they have been previously.

My local BMW car dealer succeeded to do an end of quarter deal on my car, so there are deals to be had, across the car/ bike trade at this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom