Accommadation help

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can I pick you guys and girls north of the boarder for some accommodation help please. A group of us are planning on doing a week long tour of Scotland in may next year and can find hotels for 11 of us but thought it would be good for one or two nights to do something a little different. Do any of you know some good glamping places or castles to stop in as looking for something a bit different.
our approx overnight stops are
Carlislie, fort William, Portree(skye),Ulapool, Thurso, Elgin.
Any help would be great as making these trips memorable would be great.
thanks
fraser

Thurso has a sea front campsite that you may be able to hire a caravan or two from, I think there may be a place that offers wigwam camping but don't know how many they have and is on the stretch of road between Castletown and Wick.

This place could fit into your route perhaps?

http://www.sleeperzzz.com/

Very suitable for a group of bikes. Good pub with grub only 100 metres and also a village store. Great roads in all directions:thumb

Cheers.....................Grizzly:beerjug:

Bunkum Bunkhouse in Glasgow will give you a 'memorable' stay and is just a short walk from the lovely Ashton Lane.
Sunart camping would make a good stopover and we've had some good nights out in Thurso in the past! (stayed at the Holborn hotel)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for all the advice, I'm on the case of booking up and seeing which places will tolerate us. Cannot wait as we need to see gods own country

Back
Top Bottom