Slipscreens

Tim1200

Reaction score
Anyone had a screen from slipscreen they advertise on eBay 90 quid for tinted screen and winglets just looking to see if anyone has them and are they any good .? It's just the standard sized adventure I'm after as it suits me fine

I had one. Fit was fine, but it marked very easily. Much more so than my std screen or Puig.

I had one for my GS, I think it is based on the GSA screen and is 440 mm tall, but I went for the no extra cost option of having it 2 cm taller (might have been 2 inches - can't remember). It only cost £55, and I've been very pleased with it, seems good quality material, and can't say that it appears particularly prone to getting marked. I added a Givi AirFlow secondary screen to mine as I've had great experiences with these in the past, but Givi don't make a complete base screen plus AirFlow add-on screen for the LC. I also fitted a Givi screen brace on the left side.

This homemade combo works brilliantly on my GS. Picture below.

Fred

A6K-3047129-5659-X3.jpg

Got one

Brilliant bit of kit....works a treat on my GSA, mine does not mark? Done about 15K :thumby::thumb

I like the standard sized screen but was wanting a dark tinted one as iv got a black GSA. If it marked easy I would've just got a better quality one.

They are slightly thicker and a little more heavy. I replaced my standard GS one with one modelled on a GSA size. I found it more effective in weather protection, but had to fit Cymarc screen brace system to stop it resonating (possible support failure). When fitting, the mounting holes required enlarging slightly to accommodate the standard screen rubbers. Without this, the fit seemed to strain the bracketry. However since early summer, I have gone back to standard, as I prefer a bit of air flow around my helmet.

Got a tinted one and the winglets in my GSA, 3000 miles in and happy with it. I stick my MRA X-Creen on for longer winter trips but it does not really need it.

Like I say, I’ve done 3k with it since fitting it in early October and it’s fine, cleaned a few times and not noticed any excessive marking, a few minor Surface swirls that were polished out easily.

76d1c86c2f93a8e9b4dc058ee5927b16.jpg

986ab3fbb024a8e7cb70b82db0961544.jpg

sorry - i double posted - my mistake - see below

g

Last edited:
I had one for my GS, I think it is based on the GSA screen and is 440 mm tall, but I went for the no extra cost option of having it 2 cm taller (might have been 2 inches - can't remember). It only cost £55, and I've been very pleased with it, seems good quality material, and can't say that it appears particularly prone to getting marked. I added a Givi AirFlow secondary screen to mine as I've had great experiences with these in the past, but Givi don't make a complete base screen plus AirFlow add-on screen for the LC. I also fitted a Givi screen brace on the left side.

This homemade combo works brilliantly on my GS. Picture below.

Fred

A6K-3047129-5659-X3.jpg

this looks great! - i have just bought a 2016 GSA from my local dealer - collecting it this friday - I've had the Givi Airflow on my last two bikes, a super tenere and a V-Strom.

The airflow screen, while maybe not the prettiest, is an amazing bit of kit for making still air for the rider - and it was to be the first add-on for my new bike, but they dont make them for the GS / GSA LC!!

How did you make this one? - i dont suppose you documented it anywhere did you? - i still have the parts for both the tenere and the v-strom so could start down this route - was it easy-ish to complete? = any tips? - does the screen need a brace when completed? and did the finished product give the same effect as the airflow on other bikes?

thanks in advance
graham

this looks great! - i have just bought a 2016 GSA from my local dealer - collecting it this friday - I've had the Givi Airflow on my last two bikes, a super tenere and a V-Strom.

The airflow screen, while maybe not the prettiest, is an amazing bit of kit for making still air for the rider - and it was to be the first add-on for my new bike, but they dont make them for the GS / GSA LC!!

How did you make this one? - i dont suppose you documented it anywhere did you? - i still have the parts for both the tenere and the v-strom so could start down this route - was it easy-ish to complete? = any tips? - does the screen need a brace when completed? and did the finished product give the same effect as the airflow on other bikes?

thanks in advance
graham

Hi Graham,

Congrats on the GSA - I'm sure it's going to seem a long week until Friday!

I don't think I did much in the way of documenting installing the AirFlow for the GS, but I did post about the process on another forum when I made one for my NC750X (see link below) This describes how I got the holes for the clamps in the right place which is absolutely critical as the rails on the back of the AirFlow which run through them will either not fit or be too tight if not accurately placed. You also need to decide how high to place the AirFlow on the base screen depending on how high you need it to go, taking into account adjustment on base screen plus additional adjustment on the AirFlow. I suspect they work better the more the two screens overlap, so although my Airflow clamps are positioned such that it can extend to about 150 mm above the base screen I generally have it set so that it only extends about 50 mm above the base screen, measured in the centre where the base screen dips. The base screen is about 490 mm tall measured in the middle and I have it set near the bottom of its adjustment as you can see in the picture.

I would say you need to be reasonably handy in DIY terms to do this. You have to cut two big holes for the clamps, and then two smaller holes on each side for the screws which hold all the parts of the clamps together, though you can mark up the position for these after a trial assembly from what I remember. Are you planning on replacing the stock GSA screen with something else and adding the AirFlow to that? I'm not sure if the material of the stock screen is as suitable for drilling as the SlipScreens one, and would be more expensive to replace if it all goes horribly wrong!

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/t...e-belly-pan-black/&tab=comments#comment-85654

I used the Givi screen brace on the left side which they sell for use with their (non-Airflow) LC screens.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Fred

Hi Graham,

Congrats on the GSA - I'm sure it's going to seem a long week until Friday!

I don't think I did much in the way of documenting installing the AirFlow for the GS, but I did post about the process on another forum when I made one for my NC750X (see link below) This describes how I got the holes for the clamps in the right place which is absolutely critical as the rails on the back of the AirFlow which run through them will either not fit or be too tight if not accurately placed. You also need to decide how high to place the AirFlow on the base screen depending on how high you need it to go, taking into account adjustment on base screen plus additional adjustment on the AirFlow. I suspect they work better the more the two screens overlap, so although my Airflow clamps are positioned such that it can extend to about 150 mm above the base screen I generally have it set so that it only extends about 50 mm above the base screen, measured in the centre where the base screen dips. The base screen is about 490 mm tall measured in the middle and I have it set near the bottom of its adjustment as you can see in the picture.

I would say you need to be reasonably handy in DIY terms to do this. You have to cut two big holes for the clamps, and then two smaller holes on each side for the screws which hold all the parts of the clamps together, though you can mark up the position for these after a trial assembly from what I remember. Are you planning on replacing the stock GSA screen with something else and adding the AirFlow to that? I'm not sure if the material of the stock screen is as suitable for drilling as the SlipScreens one, and would be more expensive to replace if it all goes horribly wrong!

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/t...e-belly-pan-black/&tab=comments#comment-85654

I used the Givi screen brace on the left side which they sell for use with their (non-Airflow) LC screens.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Fred

It is indeed a long week until friday - although im filling it by sizing up the enormous word of accessory parts!

thanks for your response - this is very helpful - i'll have a long read of the NC750 thread later when i am at home.

I understand your point on the overall height of the screen - id pribably try and replicate the fit of the Super Tenere screen which i have - i absolutely agree with you that the 'best' position of the airflow screen is with a lot of overlap with the base screen. Indeed, running it very high doesnt seem to make any difference to airflow - its just that the top-screen gets in your eyeline!

I am reasonable at DIY - i used to be a craftsman and am time served and while its been a while since i was 'on the tools' im not unused to making and building things.

I think it took me by susprise that someone (you) had even thought to 'just make one' - im very, very impressed.

And yes, i will be doing this to a 3rd party screen - the st GSA one will be, as i suspect (and you note) rather on the expensive side to replace should it all go wrong!

Thanks again!

Graham

It is indeed a long week until friday - although im filling it by sizing up the enormous word of accessory parts!

thanks for your response - this is very helpful - i'll have a long read of the NC750 thread later when i am at home.

I understand your point on the overall height of the screen - id pribably try and replicate the fit of the Super Tenere screen which i have - i absolutely agree with you that the 'best' position of the airflow screen is with a lot of overlap with the base screen. Indeed, running it very high doesnt seem to make any difference to airflow - its just that the top-screen gets in your eyeline!

I am reasonable at DIY - i used to be a craftsman and am time served and while its been a while since i was 'on the tools' im not unused to making and building things.

I think it took me by susprise that someone (you) had even thought to 'just make one' - im very, very impressed.

And yes, i will be doing this to a 3rd party screen - the st GSA one will be, as i suspect (and you note) rather on the expensive side to replace should it all go wrong!

Thanks again!

Graham

No problem Graham - glad to help, and sounds like you should have no problems with the work involved if you decide to go for it. I got the idea for the NC screen from a YouTube video, so can't claim any originality for the concept! As well as the home made AirFlow on the NC I've also bought a Givi made one for a Versys 1000 which transformed that bike. The one I now have on the GS generally eliminates buffeting except when very close behind some vehicles - I find those small square vans are the worst for turbulent airflow! It also reduces noise over the stock screen, though to be fair the Slipscreen on its own was a big improvement. I now ride a lot with visor open and my eyes just protected by sunglasses, while still looking over, not through, the screen and find it is very comfortable, barring the odd insect that gets through. Have to close the visor in rain though as the raindrops get through the upward airstream and sting!

Fred

no one better.

I bought a screen from Slipscreen and wanted a taller one,
as it was unmarked they gave me a full refund and picked it up when they delivered the taller one.

I wasnt satisfied and went for the biggest they can make, yep they took back the 2nd one and again picked it up.

Product is spot on, cant recommend them enough.:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom