Welsh Road Races

First I had heard of it.

A surprise, also - never thought there would be road-racing added to.

Good luck to them

Al

Website looks very professional,some big names involved,the on course video with Steve Plater looks scary, some blind brows,it'll need quite a bit of learning for the riders.

God bless Seve Plater....spanish road racer :green gri

Commentary spelt incorrectly in places :rolleyes:

'Corpse Corner'....:eek:

Beautiful scenery nonetheless & hope it's a success

First I've seen of this, surprised theres been no media or press cover, you would think some sort of marketing would be underway. Hopefully it will be a success, I've not been to a bike event in a long time so unsure how the prices for this compare BSB events etc

Interesting, I've got friends on the edge of the Epynt and they haven't heard about this either.

The organisers had a stand at the NEC today so looks promising.

According to MCN it's confirmed and is taking place on M.O.D roads.

Did anyone , even without a touch of local knowledge really think this was going to happen? Same as "Circuit of Wales" was never going to happen while ever I have a hole in my arse. Professional website lewis? Hardly, and even if it was, then a pie in the sky website doesn't necessairly mean it has any fekkin substance. Anyone look in detail at the Planning/Proposal Application documents for the "Circuit of Wales" as presented to Local/Gov departments? Fekkin "hundreds" of documents/surveys/geological details impact studies on local economy benefits, promises of relocating major sporting industries to the area, major boost to tourism, the list goes on.... oh soooo much fekkin empty waffle. Millions ( well a lot anyway) must have been spent and yet it was plainly obvious that it would never happen.
All smoke and mirrors but "they'll" have got plenty of funding from the taxpayer no doubt.

As for this idea of a road race up on the moors...fekkin laffable.

:jes:jes

This is the E-mail I got from the organizers

Dear Marshal/Volunteer,

As you are probably aware from articles published within various media the Welsh Road Race event for 2018 has been postponed until 2019.

WRR published a Press Release on 3rd February 2018 outlining the reasons for the postponement of WRR 2018 a copy of which is attached to this email.

I would like to thank you for the support and enthusiasm you have shown for WRR and I am sure that the disappointment felt is unanimous.

For all of you who have registered with WRR as Marshals/Volunteers it would be my preference to hold onto your details in order to keep you informed of all updates concerned with WRR and Aberdare Park Road Races. Your details are held in a personal and private address book and are not available to any third party.

Those Marshals/Volunteers who would prefer to have their details deleted need only to email me and I will duly delete their applications and the information contained therein.

On a brighter note, for those of you who may be interested in this years Road Races at Aberdare Park please follow the link below. The dates for the meeting are 21st & 22nd July 2018. I will also be your Marshals Administrator for this event.

http://www.aberdare-park-road-races.co.uk/

Once again I thank you for your support.

Regards,

Jack Evans
Marshals Administrator WRR

Back
Top Bottom