Spent the afternoon at Rainbow ... that's it folks, doors closed :tears

i-hsJMGGr-L.jpg

i-WpK8pXg-L.jpg

i-xJbszgm-L.jpg

i-thT6SMP-L.jpg

i-4rnfkwX-L.jpg

Willy Nelson ...

i-2vFqmzn-L.jpg

BUT they open tomorrow and it's business as usual ...

Duntya just love 'em :D

:beerjug:

Back to the thread ...

Spent the afternoon at Rainbow ... that's it folks, doors closed :tears

i-hsJMGGr-L.jpg

i-WpK8pXg-L.jpg

i-xJbszgm-L.jpg

i-thT6SMP-L.jpg

i-4rnfkwX-L.jpg

Willy Nelson ...

i-2vFqmzn-L.jpg

BUT they open tomorrow and it's business as usual ...

Duntya just love 'em :D

Isn't everyone looking old, guess we are all growing old

Good on them, end of an era

Time moves on, I reckon Shaun sees the right time to bow out and that is now

Great pics

Thanks for posting ...yep time moves on for us all :rob

Speak for yersen kid :D

I think Shaun knows when the time is right, shrewd move

When I am your age now, I can forsee very few bikes on the road by then

Not many young'uns getting interested in bikes nowadays

Sad to see the end of an era. Shaun and Lorna are the best people - god knows how much money I've spent there over the years.

I would hope that Steve, Leigh and co will be retained by Jefferies.

Also nice to see Ian in your photos above Micky, done some cracking deals with him in the past and a lovely bloke to boot.

Wishing them all the best for the future. :beerjug:

Roger

I think Shaun knows when the time is right, shrewd move

When I am your age now, I can forsee very few bikes on the road by then

Not many young'uns getting interested in bikes nowadays

FFS JB are you always this pessimistic? There will always be motorcycles, there will always be two wheels and an engine ...

... the future is bright :thumb

Sad to see the end of an era. Shaun and Lorna are the best people - god knows how much money I've spent there over the years.

I would hope that Steve, Leigh and co will be retained by Jefferies.

Also nice to see Ian in your photos above Micky, done some cracking deals with him in the past and a lovely bloke to boot.

Wishing them all the best for the future. :beerjug:

Roger

A good team indeed Roger :thumb

FFS JB are you always this pessimistic? There will always be motorcycles, there will always be two wheels and an engine ...

... the future is bright :thumb

:

No, just being realistic and a realist

I don't see many youngsters coming into road biking & certainly not in the numbers there were 20-30 years ago

People who recently went to the nec last week, only saw 'old gits' (in their words)

Look at any road bike gathering and 90% are 45-70+ in age range

When I go to a trial, there are large numbers of 5-17 year olds riding bikes - however when they turn of an age to ride on the road they are anti riding on the road and have no interest whatsoever, much preferring 4 wheels and yet still riding off-road into their 20's and beyond

Yep there will bikes, just not many buyers

Only ray of sunshine is the vintage/retro/hipster business but those buyers are 30 somethings who are mainly into a scene rather than biking/touring per se and may readily move onto something else

You may not agree with my viewpoint and observations - but just my opinion

No, just being realistic and a realist

I don't see many youngsters coming into road biking & certainly not in the numbers there were 20-30 years ago

People who recently went to the nec last week, only saw 'old gits' (in their words)

Look at any road bike gathering and 90% are 45-70+ in age range

When I go to a trial, there are large numbers of 5-17 year olds riding bikes - however when they turn of an age to ride on the road they are anti riding on the road and have no interest whatsoever, much preferring 4 wheels and yet still riding off-road into their 20's and beyond

Yep there will bikes, just not many buyers

Only ray of sunshine is the vintage/retro/hipster business but those buyers are 30 somethings who are mainly into a scene rather than biking/touring per se and may readily move onto something else

I actually think you are correct in as much as there are few youngsters getting into biking but you miss out on the important bit

Those youngsters will get older and as so many do will get into biking aged over 40 ( + or - a few years) so without knowing it Micky is also right

I actually think you are correct in as much as there are few youngsters getting into biking but you miss out on the important bit

Those youngsters will get older and as so many do will get into biking aged over 40 ( + or - a few years) so without knowing it Micky is also right

Agreed they 'may' do in later years or indeed they 'may' not try motorbikes in their 40's

Look at cycling - it has had brilliant PR in the last 5 years in U.K and a huge spike in sales of MTB or road bikes has occurred

I don't see any similar PR for motorcycling apart from the hipster surge

I still don't see things carrying on in the vein as we have seen previously and perhaps the 'golden years' are behind us

I don’t think anything has changed.
As young bikers my mates and I went down the local bike pub and it was full of old boys. Most of my mates got married, had kids and gave up biking only to come back to it in their 40s/50s and now we’re the old boys.
There’s plenty of 20 something’s riding round Lincolnshire and Yorkshire on sports bikes (including girls, which is a bonus) and you’ll see loads at bike races around Europe. But the same cycle will just happen again.
2 things are different IMHO:
The amount of bikes queuing up for the ferry - I’ve seen around 100 at times, in the early 90s it was half a dozen at the most.
30 something hipsters that are riding to work despite wife and kids.
It is indeed a bright future :D :beerjug:

No, just being realistic and a realist ....

I don't agree ... in the sixties it was a transport thing. I certainly couldn't afford a car even if I'd wanted one. In those days, although there was a lot of us, we only had one bike and a second hand one at that .... 'hand me downs' from an older generation that could afford to buy new ;)

These days most of us have two or three bikes (don't we?) and spend a lot more money now than ever we did on them then. The 'bike' scene has long since gone from economical transport through to Leisure and Pleasure. I'm willing to bet that there is more money being spent on buying motorcycles now than ever before.

As you and Rick say, OK maybe no youngsters coming in to the game, they can afford to buy a cheap four wheel banger now, far cheaper to insure, and when they take a bird home they can shag away in relative comfort :D

But they will buy the motorcycles in the future ... it's just that the age group for doing so has moved up the scale ...

You are a pessimistic fecker ... the future is bright :D

Back
Top Bottom