New Shoei Neotec for 2018

If anyone is interested, I got an email from Lids Direct the other day offering 20% discount on all their helmets and accessories. Just enter the discount code PAYDAY. I'm not sure how long the code is valid for, but I've just tried it and it still works.

Bob

Or use NEWSLETTER20

I recently bought the Neotec ll in blue and have to say it's extremely comfortable. I've been wearing an Arai Tour x for the past 10 years or so and this is the first full face Shoei i've bought since passing my test. I now realise my head is probably more suited to the Shoei shape than the Arai. As for the Schuberth i don't think that much of them, when i bought the Neotec ll i was actually intending to purchase the Schuberth E1 but it felt and looked cheap in comparison. The peak was relatively loose and i suspect would vibrate significantly on long rides. The chin bar mechanism didn't lock into place like the Neotec with them same quality feel and the fit was terrible for me.
I paid £549 for it from Motolegends which is a significant saving over the £699 they were selling the Schuberth at. Most of the main competitors are now at £500+ and if you're spending that sort of money you want something that is not only gonna save your head in a spill but something you can wear for hours at a time without getting the dreaded red bar across your forehead. The Neotec works for me and with the flip front and integrated sun visor it's a great all rounder...

Seem to be selling well

J&S sold 3 Neotec on Saturday morning .... wife wants one ... waiting for more to come into stock and they didn’t have the comms stuff yet.... me .. I’m staying Schuberth... I think will change my old C3 for the C4 .... I like the idea of the built in comms ... and the option of remote control on bars

I think I will be changing my Neotec for the new model next year.......subject to trying one first but if the fit is the same I'm sure it will be a done deal.

Sent from a U11

I've just purchased the new neotec 2 from lids direct, I'm usually a medium 57-58 in the previous neotec however the bod at the bike show said I'm probably a small, so opted for this size, I've not really worn the new one as it arrived yesterday and I spent an hour wearing it whilst watching TV and it feels snug but I'm not sure if i should have gone for the medium.

Anyways I'm sending it back so they can exchange, there's a finger print mark in the lacquer :blast the pictures on the dealers sites are misleading, the lids looks matt on the web however its Gloss finished, exactly what i wanted :thumb2

There's 20% off at the mo @ lids direct, use this code - NEWSLETTER20

6139f9afe82415a445676c5572b36d21.jpg

4970b16bb6a8733e5cad3044c7b5c415.jpg

3704bb96d4d0f09e2891a74a88cbc836.jpg

The comms arrive sometime this month, Quality looks exceptional and certainly better than the C4 I purchased that fell to bits.

J&S sold 3 Neotec on Saturday morning .... wife wants one ... waiting for more to come into stock and they didn’t have the comms stuff yet.... me .. I’m staying Schuberth... I think will change my old C3 for the C4 .... I like the idea of the built in comms ... and the option of remote control on bars

Isn’t the remote extra £s ?

Tom

i found the C4 comms shite, i wear ear plugs and above 40 it was a struggle to hear my mate whereas other comms stuff has never been a problem, it would also drop out and not auto reconnect the lid whistled air in from the drop down visor mechanism on the left and the chin vent fell off all within a week. Even tho my C3 pro leaks water via the visor, its still a better lid compared to my experience with the C4.

Isn’t the remote extra £s ?

Tom

Yes it is!!! Picked up my comms today and fitted it before riding home. Actually after a bit of practice and the fact I wear summer gloves (bar muffs) I don't think you need it. It's not as intuitive as the old jog wheel and you'll need to learn some basic commands but I'll live with that to have such a neat solution. Re the helmet, done about 1500 miles in it now. Noticeably more comfortable than the original, quieter? not that I can tell, I've had some fogging issues in town, despite double checking the pinlock is fitted correctly, It fits so snugly it doesn't allow sufficient air flow unless you crack open the visor slightly (which can allow rain in), but overall I'm very pleased with it. Sizing wise I took a L in the old one but always felt the shell was too big, in a M now so deffo try before you buy.

I've been using my Neotec with a Sena 10U and very pleased with the way the 10U integrates with the helmet. What I'm less pleased about is that Sena 10U doesn't have the features of its 20S big brother, most notably the audio multi-tasking. Does anyone yet know where the features of the Neotec 2 integrated comms fit in the Sena line-up?
The speakers on the 10U are excellent though.

The Sena system that fits the Neotec 2 is a sena 20S designed for the helmet to be intergrated

I've just purchased the new neotec 2 from lids direct, I'm usually a medium 57-58 in the previous neotec however the bod at the bike show said I'm probably a small, so opted for this size, I've not really worn the new one as it arrived yesterday and I spent an hour wearing it whilst watching TV and it feels snug but I'm not sure if i should have gone for the medium.

Anyways I'm sending it back so they can exchange, there's a finger print mark in the lacquer :blast the pictures on the dealers sites are misleading, the lids looks matt on the web however its Gloss finished, exactly what i wanted :thumb2

There's 20% off at the mo @ lids direct, use this code - NEWSLETTER20

6139f9afe82415a445676c5572b36d21.jpg

4970b16bb6a8733e5cad3044c7b5c415.jpg

3704bb96d4d0f09e2891a74a88cbc836.jpg

The comms arrive sometime this month, Quality looks exceptional and certainly better than the C4 I purchased that fell to bits.

Looks nice & if it's as good as the first Neotec it will be grand.
I have the Yellow / Black Borealis & probably the best helmet I've ever had..

that does look good ....enjoy

just had a look on the website says it can be fully integrated with Sena is that a certain Model Sena do you know ?

Looking good is not on my want list

Comfort/fit
Water proof
Quiet

The last two the first Neotec failed on badly. As the Schuberth fulfils all my requirements and continues to do so after three years I probably wont even try another Shoei. The only feature that Shoei helmets win on is the visor adjustment.

that does look good ....enjoy

just had a look on the website says it can be fully integrated with Sena is that a certain Model Sena do you know ?

its specific for the neotec 2 and plugs into the lid the same way the C4 does.

Looking good is not on my want list

Comfort/fit
Water proof
Quiet

The last two the first Neotec failed on badly. As the Schuberth fulfils all my requirements and continues to do so after three years I probably wont even try another Shoei. The only feature that Shoei helmets win on is the visor adjustment.

Each to there own, glad you have a Schubert head shape, now for me Schubert are a crap fit and Shoei fit me well, 100k+ miles in a Neotec and no problems (maybe a bit of water ingress in biblical type rain), plus a nasty off with an Armco head butt wearing one, I’ll stick with Shoei

Each to there own, glad you have a Schubert head shape, now for me Schubert are a crap fit and Shoei fit me well, 100k+ miles in a Neotec and no problems (maybe a bit of water ingress in biblical type rain), plus a nasty off with an Armco head butt wearing one, I’ll stick with Shoei

Would love a Schubert S2 but they just do not fit my head.

I'll stick with my Neotec and XR1100

Got the 2 on order in Matt Black with comms. Tried it on last weekend so all good and appears to fit size wise the same as all Shoei helmets

Scuberth C4 didn't fit very well (even though my C3 Pro has been fine) and the supplied pinlock was a Schuberth copy, comms just about OK, the mic position integrated into the helmet is not such a good idea, telephone and inter-bike comms was pretty poor. Penny pinching from Schuberth? you would think it was some sort of sick joke from this company after making some superb helmets - I sent it all back!

Now got a Shoei Neotech II plus comms. So far so good. Links to the Nav 5 OK, comms are good with a proper boom mic and, it is very comfy, albeit sat watching the TV with it on for a few hours got a few sarcastic comments from the kids and the Mrs!

Hi can I ask does the comm system have an ear bud option, tried C4 that does not have the option and is made by SENA which is a shame as the 20s is the perfect with ear bud if your a little mum & Jef

?
Ken

Back
Top Bottom