New Shoei Neotec for 2018

I was large in old Neotec and large in the new

Very tempted, currently wear Schuberth E1, I love it but one thing. It is lacking breath guard. When it is raining, (I tend to get my inner wiser to mist up peer the long period of time). Something that I have been after for a while. My local Infinity motorcycles will match lids direct price too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very tempted, currently wear Schuberth E1, I love it but one thing. It is lacking breath guard. When it is raining, (I tend to get my inner wiser to mist up peer the long period of time). Something that I have been after for a while. My local Infinity motorcycles will match lids direct price too.

Other than the misting, how do you find the E1? I was thinking of getting one, as I’m after a peaked helmet with a drop down visor.

Other than the misting, how do you find the E1? I was thinking of getting one, as I’m after a peaked helmet with a drop down visor.

I find it very good tbh. Apart from mentioned above issue of misting up on a cold or wet (or both) morning and problem arises only after good 20 minutes of riding in slow traffic or town work. For the kind of riding you do, it’ll be great. But I suggest you wear earplugs as visor vent is noisy when open and riding a bike with a windscreen fitted. Seem much quieter on a naked type of bike as well as much smoother airflow through the vent. Chin vent works lovely on a bike with low screen. Peak can be removed in seconds (if you don’t want to look like a pollock riding other than adventure bike) and is three way adjustable too.

If I was to buy this lid again, I wouldn’t buy 10U comms kit as it is pain to adjust volume etc on the fly by having to lift visor up (not fun in the rain) as remote is not included in the kit.

Rich,

I was looking at getting the E1 but when i actually got hold of one down at Motolegends it felt really cheap (which it absolutely is not). The peak felt loose and the whole mechanism for flipping the front up and closing it felt poorly made. I didn't like the fit as every time i put it on the neck collar it felt like it was scratching my neck.. All in all i wasn't impressed and i was going there intent on buying one.. I ended up with the Neotech which, in my view is incomparable for build quality and comfort..

Chris

Heads up, Infinity will price match that Lidsdirect’s 20%, was looking at the Neotec ll, but as it didn’t fit me as I’d like, didn’t get one. But still used the “Newsletter20” code and got a Shoei GT Air and Sena 10U, with 20% off, from infinity Oxford. :thumby:

Just trying to see if Infinity will match the 20% off on the Sena SRL. Neither has them in stock yet.

Just trying to see if Infinity will match the 20% off on the Sena SRL. Neither has them in stock yet.

If you buy lid and comms at same time, you automatically save 20%. But if you already have your lid and want comms then I doubt they will knock much off if anything at all.

I find it very good tbh. Apart from mentioned above issue of misting up on a cold or wet (or both) morning and problem arises only after good 20 minutes of riding in slow traffic or town work. For the kind of riding you do, it’ll be great. But I suggest you wear earplugs as visor vent is noisy when open and riding a bike with a windscreen fitted. Seem much quieter on a naked type of bike as well as much smoother airflow through the vent. Chin vent works lovely on a bike with low screen. Peak can be removed in seconds (if you don’t want to look like a pollock riding other than adventure bike) and is three way adjustable too.

If I was to buy this lid again, I wouldn’t buy 10U comms kit as it is pain to adjust volume etc on the fly by having to lift visor up (not fun in the rain) as remote is not included in the kit.

Cheers Ev.:thumb

Rich,

I was looking at getting the E1 but when i actually got hold of one down at Motolegends it felt really cheap (which it absolutely is not). The peak felt loose and the whole mechanism for flipping the front up and closing it felt poorly made. I didn't like the fit as every time i put it on the neck collar it felt like it was scratching my neck.. All in all i wasn't impressed and i was going there intent on buying one.. I ended up with the Neotech which, in my view is incomparable for build quality and comfort..

Chris

Yep, I’d heard that the early ones were poorly made, but the latest version is meant to be much better, and they’ve ironed the bugs out. When did you look at one, as that may have been the first one?

Cheers Ev.:thumb

Yep, I’d heard that the early ones were poorly made, but the latest version is meant to be much better, and they’ve ironed the bugs out. When did you look at one, as that may have been the first one?

I looked at mine back at the end of Jan at Motolegends, Guildford..

Rich,

Chris

My E1 is as solid as my C3Pro (now 5 years old) which it is actually based on. Peek is moving side to side because it is literally mounted on the visor/chin bar pivot point unlike Arai Tour X4 or Shoei Hornet which are permanently fixed and are non adjustable.

Personally I feel that E1 has best of both worlds by being an adventure lid that can become an aggressive looking “C3Pro” and is a flip front lid which in some instances is a godsend. Touratech Aventuro Mod is same lid just slightly more aggressive at the chin department. Held do their own colour scheme on their Schuberth based helmets.

PS: my E1 is a year old and appart from swapping under warranty Schuberth made “pinlock” to a proper article made by pinlock, I had no issues with it. Likewise with my old C3Pro which I still have as a reserve lid.

If you buy lid and comms at same time, you automatically save 20%. But if you already have your lid and want comms then I doubt they will knock much off if anything at all.

Got the price matched and ordered them. Going to be a long wait as no stock until end of May.

So the Sena SRL kit arrived as scheduled, piece of cake to fit and works really well. Download the Sena app on your smart phone and you can access all the various menus and settings. Easy to pair to my iPhone, the wife's Interphone Intercom and the BMW Nav 5. Struggled to get it exactly set up as I wanted to but got there in the end. Paired the iPhone to nav and nav to SRL. Now control everything through the nav. if i want to just listen to music i have the option of listening to it from the SD card in the nav or connecting the iPhone directly to the Sena and using that (whilst disconnecting the Nav)..

Great at all speeds, very clear communications and instructions and easy to navigate through...

So the Sena SRL kit arrived as scheduled, piece of cake to fit and works really well. Download the Sena app on your smart phone and you can access all the various menus and settings. Easy to pair to my iPhone, the wife's Interphone Intercom and the BMW Nav 5. Struggled to get it exactly set up as I wanted to but got there in the end. Paired the iPhone to nav and nav to SRL. Now control everything through the nav. if i want to just listen to music i have the option of listening to it from the SD card in the nav or connecting the iPhone directly to the Sena and using that (whilst disconnecting the Nav)..

Great at all speeds, very clear communications and instructions and easy to navigate through...

Do you not wear ear plugs ?

I love my Neotec 2,having used it on 2000 mile trip last week.It was much quieter than old Neotec and in a different league to the Schuberth C4 that I had previously.

I mainly got the C4 because I liked the idea of the SC1 integrated comms kit.
But I need to wear custom ear plugs on fast trips to protect my already dodgy hearing for work and above 50mph I couldn't hear anything with plugs in using the C4.

The SRL for the N2 is a similar setup but is obviously designed to be used without ear plugs,yet you can damage your hearing very easily if you don't wear any,especially if listening to music turned up to overcome wind noise :

MOTORCYCLISTS are at risk of permanently damaging their hearing after just 15 minutes of riding at 62mph, seven minutes at 74mph or three minutes at 87mph, research has found.

The study, carried out by Germany’s automobile association, ADAC, has shown that riding a motorbike at 62mph typically generates a wind noise of 95dB, which can permanently damage hearing after a quarter of an hour. At 74mph, the wind noise can be expected to reach 98dB, which will prove harmful after just seven minutes of exposure. Most shocking of all is the reveal that riding at 87mph could cause damage after just three minutes. Of course, that latter statistic isn’t relevant here in the UK, but riders on Germany’s unrestricted autobahns ought to take note

I might still get the SRL kit as I'll use it locally and when pottering but listening to music really come into it's own when I'm blatting down the autoroute on my regular Asturias runs,and I have to wear ear plugs when pottering along at 80+mph.

I've had Schuberth for my last 3 lids, bought a C4 and it's pants, doesn't fit my head shape and causes massive pain at the back behind the ear. Bought it online, so didn't try it on just assumed that the shell shape would be the same as the C3 Pro. Regarding the comms, again, difficult to hear them and they can't hear me.. It's been gathering dust in the garage for the last 6 months.

I get on fine with the C3 Pro, doesn't leak and the comms are fine up to 60mph, I use my own earpieces that plug in to their system which is the major selling point for me.

Will have a look at the Neotec 2 and see if there is an easy way to use my own ear pieces.

"Comms are fine up to 60 mph" is hardly a glowing endorsement. I don't want to have to choose between slowing down or using the comms system! I use Ultimate Ear in-ear monitors which both provide protection against wind noise and the volume from the unit is plenty loud enough even on minimum. Sounds like you need some proper earplugs.

I have read somewhere that someone handy with electrics and a soldering iron had spliced in a 3.5mm earphone jack to a unit that didn't have this facility as standard. You'd need to be very confident before butchering a new unit to do this though!

"Comms are fine up to 60 mph" is hardly a glowing endorsement. I don't want to have to choose between slowing down or using the comms system! I use Ultimate Ear in-ear monitors which both provide protection against wind noise and the volume from the unit is plenty loud enough even on minimum. Sounds like you need some proper earplugs.

I have read somewhere that someone handy with electrics and a soldering iron had spliced in a 3.5mm earphone jack to a unit that didn't have this facility as standard. You'd need to be very confident before butchering a new unit to do this though!

Yup,I had some UE jobbies but they broke twice within 18 months so I chucked them in the bin.
Shame that the SRL unit doesn't have a plug.

I have the SRL and use foam throwaway ear plugs, can hear perfectly well at all speeds, tried the helmet without plugs, a lot quieter than my old neotec, but you definitely need plugs.
Off to Spain /Portugal next month so will have a better idea.

I've done the mod on my srl to take a 3.5mm in ear adapter.piece of cake really.You need to buy some JST-SH female connectors 1.25mm pitch with wires already soldered on.

Then remove the rear of the speakers and unplug them,replace the connectors with the new ones and push the two wires through one of the holes in the back,re tighten the rear of the speakers and refit them.
Solder on your in ear adapter to the two leads and your good to go.!
Arsey these are the best earplugs I've used and they will send them to you from the States or I guess you could collect em on your travels.?

https://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_earcanal_apple_iphone_earbuds_p/siphone.htm

https://dalewoodmodels.co.uk/produc...emale-connector-plug-20cm-200mm-wires-cables/

I've done the mod on my srl to take a 3.5mm in ear adapter.piece of cake really.You need to buy some JST-SH female connectors 1.25mm pitch with wires already soldered on.

Then remove the rear of the speakers and unplug them,replace the connectors with the new ones and push the two wires through one of the holes in the back,re tighten the rear of the speakers and refit them.
Solder on your in ear adapter to the two leads and your good to go.!
Arsey these are the best earplugs I've used and they will send them to you from the States or I guess you could collect em on your travels.?

https://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_earcanal_apple_iphone_earbuds_p/siphone.htm

https://dalewoodmodels.co.uk/produc...emale-connector-plug-20cm-200mm-wires-cables/

Interesting !

Doesn't sound that simple to me,being a numpty.
Why did you refit the speakers if you don't use them ?

Think I'd be just as well to buy another Packtalk or similar as that has the external 3.5mm socket.Do those S plugs cut out noise as well as custom fit jobbies ?

You need to refit the speakers as the connections are inside them at the back, and yes the splugs are noise cancelling
I've tried loads over the years, my previous favourites were the Eytomotic ER5i but they are no longer made.
But I reckon these are as good, you dont need to solder if you dont want just get some small terminals and crimp the 3.5mm lead.

In the days of the wired Autocom they always said to make sure the speaker is right opposite the ear canal. Presumably there is no ability to adjust the speaker position with these custom systems

Tom

Back
Top Bottom