New Shoei Neotec for 2018

Hi can I ask does the comm system have an ear bud option, tried C4 that does not have the option and is made by SENA which is a shame as the 20s is the perfect with ear bud if your a little mum & Jef

?
Ken

No you can’t plug a headset into it, so your stuck with the speakers. I can’t hear speakers with earplugs in. I need in ear headphones to cut out the wind noise ( and protect my hearing ) and allow me to hear a conversation or Satnav commands.
Great helmet and with the option of integrated comms. Shame it doesn’t have that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you can’t plug a headset into it, so your stuck with the speakers. I can’t hear speakers with earplugs in. I need in ear headphones to cut out the wind noise ( and protect my hearing ) and allow me to hear a conversation or Satnav commands.
Great helmet and with the option of integrated comms. Shame it doesn’t have that option.

You could always fit other comms units, I'm getting one, but putting my Scala Packtalk in it, not buying another comms setup. With the Scala, the speakers fit with a 3mm plug, so I upgraded my speakers to an aftermarket set, works well with ear plugs

J&S sold 3 Neotec on Saturday morning .... wife wants one ... waiting for more to come into stock and they didn’t have the comms stuff yet.... me .. I’m staying Schuberth... I think will change my old C3 for the C4 .... I like the idea of the built in comms ... and the option of remote control on bars

I've had Schuberth for my last 3 lids, bought a C4 and it's pants, doesn't fit my head shape and causes massive pain at the back behind the ear. Bought it online, so didn't try it on just assumed that the shell shape would be the same as the C3 Pro. Regarding the comms, again, difficult to hear them and they can't hear me.. It's been gathering dust in the garage for the last 6 months.

I get on fine with the C3 Pro, doesn't leak and the comms are fine up to 60mph, I use my own earpieces that plug in to their system which is the major selling point for me.

Will have a look at the Neotec 2 and see if there is an easy way to use my own ear pieces.

I have a C3 pro with Bluetooth collar links with the satnav fine FM radio so so, I have had a couple of calls on the move (phone linked via the satnav then to the collar) it works better than linking both to the collar.
There is a 3.5mm plug and socket in the harness so you can use in ear speakers, I have not tried the bike to bike function.

In my Neotec (old model) I previously used an Autocom combined with Ultimate Ear earbuds, then went to Bluetooth with a Sena 10U and of course no option to use the Ultimate Ears. The Sena 10U combined with some good quality Howard Leight earplugs gives me a quieter ride, comfier all day, and no issues with volume/quality from the speakers. Also much less hassle getting on/off the bike.

It’s fairly straightforward to modify the SENA 10U to take UE monitors or earbuds.

If you split the main unit you see this:

7dd9db4005548a7a01ee4bef8a779207.jpg

Remove the single screw

28173301d3fa461810b33796233ca4ee.jpg

Take out the PCB and you’ll see the two plugs for the speakers, which you can remove. I made up a lead from a 3.5mm jack terminating in two of these mini connectors, and simply replaced the speakers with the lead.

d0f8fc69b839cbc09d75a903db91f5f0.jpg

798178f80d26b1eefe763821532425a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nice mod. Now I wonder whether I can stuff the 20S gubbins in my 10U to get the audio multi-tasking features ....

I've just purchased the new neotec 2 from lids direct, I'm usually a medium 57-58 in the previous neotec however the bod at the bike show said I'm probably a small, so opted for this size, I've not really worn the new one as it arrived yesterday and I spent an hour wearing it whilst watching TV and it feels snug but I'm not sure if i should have gone for the medium.

Anyways I'm sending it back so they can exchange, there's a finger print mark in the lacquer :blast the pictures on the dealers sites are misleading, the lids looks matt on the web however its Gloss finished, exactly what i wanted :thumb2

There's 20% off at the mo @ lids direct, use this code - NEWSLETTER20

6139f9afe82415a445676c5572b36d21.jpg

4970b16bb6a8733e5cad3044c7b5c415.jpg

3704bb96d4d0f09e2891a74a88cbc836.jpg

The comms arrive sometime this month, Quality looks exceptional and certainly better than the C4 I purchased that fell to bits.

I’ve just ordered a Neotec 2 for me and the g/f.

That NEWSLETTER20 discount still works at Lids Direct,ta.

Need to sort the comms on the Neotec 2,as need custom audio ear plugs as can’t hear much using helmet speakers if wearing normal ear plugs.

I had a C4 with SC1 comms kit but couldn’t hear them very well with normal ear plugs in so want to go back to custom audio plugs like I had when I used a Scala Packtalk.

But those were UE Soundears that are no buggered so need to find another supplier.

Has anybody got the Neotec 2 with Sena SRL fitted ?
If so,can you hear the speakers if you wear ear plugs ? Ta

J&S sold 3 Neotec on Saturday morning .... wife wants one ... waiting for more to come into stock and they didn’t have the comms stuff yet.... me .. I’m staying Schuberth... I think will change my old C3 for the C4 .... I like the idea of the built in comms ... and the option of remote control on bars

What size are you ? I’m selling mine.

Apparently initial units have been sent out to dealers in small numbers and the next batch is due mid may?

Apparently initial units have been sent out to dealers in small numbers and the next batch is due mid may?

I believe that, got a call from my dealer today to say they have recieved very limited stock.

I collect mine tomorrow

I believe that, got a call from my dealer today to say they have recieved very limited stock.

I collect mine tomorrow

Let us know your thoughts once you have tested it. No reviews anywhere on the net as of yet.

A cautionary note for potential mail order buyers: We tried the new Neotec on. Usual Shoei quality. However, after having several Shoei lids over the years, all size large, it seems that with the Neotec 2 we’re somewhere between Large and Medium. Efforts by the shop to source the various crown and cheek pad alternative sizes revealed a lack of availability until late April.
Cheers

I tried one on today. I first tried my usual 58/59 which is L in this helmet but I soon realised that the fit was too loose.

I then tried the 56/57 M and it fitted well, albeit a little tight across the forehead. ISTR experiencing this tightness initially with previous Shoei helmets so not concerned about that.
I’m really struck by the softness of the padding and comfort of the fit.

J&S in Aberdeen reckon May for the comms system at a price of circa £265.

A cautionary note for potential mail order buyers: We tried the new Neotec on. Usual Shoei quality. However, after having several Shoei lids over the years, all size large, it seems that with the Neotec 2 we’re somewhere between Large and Medium. Efforts by the shop to source the various crown and cheek pad alternative sizes revealed a lack of availability until late April.
Cheers

Your right, I am also large and have been so in all shoei helmets in the past. My thought are the same the large is fine in the skull cap but the cheek pads are slightly loose, more so than the original neotech for sure. The helmet is very comfortable, quality excellent, but I will be purchasing the slightly thicker cheek pads once they have been released which is mid April according to the importer. The medium shell was simply too tight for me across the forehead so this was not an option. A good word of warning and definitely try before you buy.

The shop should fit the helmet to your head size, by changing the skull cap and cheek pads if necessary (there are several different sizes of each for each helmet, so you could have a thinner skull cap and thicker cheek pads, etc, etc), this is free from shoei, if done before you take the helmet away. If you buy a shoei helmet and later decide to change either the skull cap or pads, you’ll then have to pay for it, So get the helmet sizing right before buying. If the shop say they can’t do this, they are providing a crap service so go somewhere else.

The skull and cheek pads are due next week from Shoei in to Feridax, I've just got the helmet and liking it so far not so sure on the SRL as I've always had a Sena with in ear monitors.
The SRL works fine and connects to the GS TFT ok, it re-connects to music quickly as well if another channel opens while listening to music ie satnav or SR10, but the audio multi-tasking only works with the intercom which I expected it to work all the time

Back
Top Bottom