1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S

The only way the 2018 R will have sat nav built in is if they do an update to the TFT software,so it’ll be available on all bikes I would have thought.
Why buy a bike you don’t like as much just to try and gain a bit on resale value ?
Buy the bike you want !

Our bikes will get the sat nav on the next big software update, due before the end of the year. There’s talks of it being a free update, but we’ll see.

The R was the better ride in my opinion....narrow front tyre made turning much easier...the height is ok till a bit of a camber I would imagine.... also think the residual would be better on an S as they are discounting R to get rid... the 2018 is expected to have sat nav built in which is also going to make for better resale whenever that comes.....do like the R tho with this spec....

I’d remove that photo if I were you, as it’s got your address on.

:beerjug:
The only way the 2018 R will have sat nav built in is if they do an update to the TFT software,so it’ll be available on all bikes I would have thought.
Why buy a bike you don’t like as much just to try and gain a bit on resale value ?
Buy the bike you want !

I think it's a mistake to think that the S is better if you just ride roads. Certainly in my case I found the 1190R superior to the "S" in every respect except perhaps ultimate grip. I say perhaps as I have not found that point.

I'd pay £1000 extra for the 1290SAR over the S if i had to. £1000 less - Bargain! Fuck the resale anyway. Life's too short. Being a KTM it won't be that great anyway.

I’ve had an 1190S, 1290GT and 1290S.

For me the GT suspension was too hard and unresponsive unless flat out on smooth roads then it was good. The 1190S was better but the 1290S is excellent and copes far better with pillion and luggage than any other bike I’ve owned once I’d had the dealer increase the preload on the shock.

A journalist mate rates the 1290S as his personal best bike of the year.

I think it's a mistake to think that the S is better if you just ride roads. Certainly in my case I found the 1190R superior to the "S" in every respect except perhaps ultimate grip. I say perhaps as I have not found that point.

I'd pay £1000 extra for the 1290SAR over the S if i had to. £1000 less - Bargain! Fuck the resale anyway. Life's too short. Being a KTM it won't be that great anyway.

I’m beginning to think the same....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premier still have a couple of Black ones - or at least they did yesterday.

Only you know if you prefer the S or the R, I found the S had very stiff suspension (compared to my 1190S) and also wondered of the R might suit me better, but I only ride on the road so don't want a 21" wheel and skinny tyres.

IMO the 1290S is better than the 1190S in every department except suspension which has gone all trendy with the Semi-Active bullshit, a bit like all the shite anti-dive systems of the 1980's someone invents something that sounds great, but does not work, and then all other manufacturers get on the bandwagon.

So I either want an S with R suspension, or an R with S wheels, and for now I will continue to enjoy my 1190S.

Tough choice matey - but you should be pretty happy with either choice.
Cheers Rasher.....Premier have the black S and did a good deal plus 20% of all extra bits.....couldnt decide R or S but finally went for black S with farkles....
Thought the smaller wider front wheel may be better for road use which i do 98% of the time....did like the ride on the R tho....arghhhhh....
Anyway....should be crossing the line on Saturday to become a KTM,er........keeping the gsa lc tho.......
Thanks guys for your help......

Cheers Rasher.....Premier have the black S and did a good deal plus 20% of all extra bits.....couldnt decide R or S but finally went for black S with farkles....
Thought the smaller wider front wheel may be better for road use which i do 98% of the time....did like the ride on the R tho....arghhhhh....
Anyway....should be crossing the line on Saturday to become a KTM,er........keeping the gsa lc tho.......
Thanks guys for your help......

Congratulations, you're going to love it! :beerjug:

I am not around this Saturday, otherwise it would of been great to have met up when you come to collect, but if you come back down for the 1st service let me know and I will come along and say hello.

I am not around this Saturday, otherwise it would of been great to have met up when you come to collect, but if you come back down for the 1st service let me know and I will come along and say hello.

Will do....may not be ready for weekend so I’ll keep you posted.....::beerjug:

just picked mine up. ride home in the dark down greasy lanes was fun!

so - where are you meant to put the toolkit??

Get rid of the recirculating charcoal filter black box under the pillion seat and put the tool kit there. You’ll find the bottle opener invaluable

Get rid of the recirculating charcoal filter black box under the pillion seat and put the tool kit there. You’ll find the bottle opener invaluable

What’s the benefit of removing the filter? Is it an easy job?

I though that was only a Merkin thing as I don't have one on my 1190? I'm guessing it must be part of Euro 4?

Andres

Back
Top Bottom