New Bigger Fuel tank AT model

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My first proper look at a selection of new AT, starting to get impressive, sat on a new model (awaiting pricing from Honda) that had a larger fuel tank, should have taken a picture, Hondas equivalent of a GSA, & was actually impressed.

Was very nice, but so was the 850 gs.

Attachments

• 54280605-B45C-400A-B586-40771BD3712D.jpg
    54280605-B45C-400A-B586-40771BD3712D.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 1,042
It’s a bit on the heavy side sure its 256 kg also noticed the new f 800 gs has put on weight as well it must be progress I presume !!

I’m really a big Gs fan, but these are getting pretty close in comparison, had a crap experience with Bmw service recently, I’m beginning to see the light, now depending on price these could be worth a test ride

Looks really good but the wheels look skinny, are they tubed?

Now this is nice:

Attachments

• honda-2017-tokyo-motor-show-11.jpg
    honda-2017-tokyo-motor-show-11.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 875
Yes, I must say the new AT model looks lovely, more stuff as standard but obviously a bigger price. The standard (clutch) model will be £11k next year with this model being a further £1500 on top (according to a Honda rep), so £12.5k. With the seat on its highest position, I could only manage tippytoes even with the suspension settling a tad.

Oh, and the show bikes go to Germany next and once their show is over, they are to be crushed....:help

Attachments

• IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_1879.jpg
    IMG_1879.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 903
We’re there any young people looking at the Honda’s?

Look like 95% old gits......like me.

It’s a bit on the heavy side sure its 256 kg also noticed the new f 800 gs has put on weight as well it must be progress I presume !!

Wow that is heavy ! Isn't that nearly 1200GSA weight ? But the GSA has 30 more horses to drag it about.

We’re there any young people looking at the Honda’s?

Look like 95% old gits......like me.

Nick, I can’t get my head round you getting a 1290 KTM, surely this is far more your style.

:hide :thumb

It was rather nice, although not as many toys a the KTM. :D

Saw the African Twin Adventure sport at the NEC, very nice it was too. Just hoping it’ll be offered on the dealer paid deposit, £70 a month for 24 month deal ;)

Stainless steel spokes, new dash, fuelling mods, multiple engine maps , bigger tank , more suspension travel, better wind / weather protection, larger pegs, bash plate and engine bars as standard . Shame it's not got a bit more power. The colours looked even better in the flesh :thumb

Stainless steel spokes, new dash, fuelling mods, multiple engine maps , bigger tank , more suspension travel, better wind / weather protection, larger pegs, bash plate and engine bars as standard . Shame it's not got a bit more power. The colours looked even better in the flesh :thumb

It will be interesting to see what the price will be . All the upgrades I’d welcome but personally I really don’t need or want more power. (At least I don’t think I do :green gri)

Source says £1500 on top of the standard bikes price.

Are Honda selling it alongside the old model ? I thought it would have just been a new model.

One of the best things about the AT is it’s good value , at £13700 for a new dct that’s quite a lot of money.

Are Honda selling it alongside the old model ? I thought it would have just been a new model.

One of the best things about the AT is it’s good value , at £13700 for a new dct that’s quite a lot of money.

Yes, it's the AT and the AT AS side by side. The standard manual will apparently be £11k next year, so add the extra dosh and it's £12.5k for the bigger brother. So add on whatever Honda charge these days for DCT versions.

Yes, it's the AT and the AT AS side by side. The standard manual will apparently be £11k next year, so add the extra dosh and it's £12.5k for the bigger brother. So add on whatever Honda charge these days for DCT versions.

Oh that’s interesting I didn’t know that. I’m glad I brought one of 9 grand 0% bikes . I never buy new but the Africa twin is a bike I trust and ticks all my boxes and is still a genuine trail bike .

If they had this new model on sale for

£10,500
0% Finance
£0 deposit

I would buy it. Very nice and worth the £1500 extra.

Back
Top Bottom